And just like that I am done with the NFL....

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by cml750, Jun 5, 2020.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received

I haven't watched a game in two years due to the Cowboys employing and unqualified coach. Now that they finally corrected that mistake I had planned to watch next season. Not now, this does it for me. There is no way Goodell can ever walk back that and there is now no way I will ever watch another game ever again.

2. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    If it weren't for the fact that Goodell is such a douchebag, I'd say that reminds me of a POW video where they're being forced to speak to the camera against their will.

3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Had Goodell not taken that stance, there would be no 2020 NFL season. There are simply just too many players capitulating to BLM to overcome their protest. This has already happened to the NBA which is why I had so much respect for the NFL resisting the BLM dogma. Now that's over, the NFL has succumbed to the "take a knee" movement. The NFL may have gained the season but they have lost endless fans. Including yours truly. RIP NFL, you had a good thing.

cml750 likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

I just made this both my avatar and signature at the Zone. I will not post in the fan zone ever again.

5. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    #ALL Lives Matter

Robbie and Kevinicus like this.
  6. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    The clown killed football.

cml750 likes this.
  7. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Link

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio will undoubtedly worsen in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers — committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

Blacks in the NFL that pretended to be hurt and shed crocodile tears when Drew Brees declared his love and respect for the American flag are just full of crap. Cops have killed very few blacks in comparison to how many blacks that blacks have killed in the same time period. Malcolm Jenkins guilted Drew Brees into apologizing for loving the American flag. If black lives truly mattered to BLM, they would be in Chicago protesting how many blacks are killed by blacks. That does not serve the interest of their true agenda, causing chaos to invoke a revolution, no different than Antifa.

Robbie, tabascocat and cml750 like this.
  8. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    I'm done with CowboysZone also. The liberal moderators are incapable of balanced moderation. When saying "all lives matter" is "too political" then you are leaning too far to the left.

I have posted at CZ my prayer for George Floyd. Let's see if it is received by the mods with the humble intentions it was written, or if their left-leaning agenda twists its words to something that can not stand.

UPDATE: 15 minutes is all it took for CZ to reveal it's true nature. My prayer, though deleted at CZ, lives on here. We can post RIP messages at CZ for anyone that passes until now. BYE CZ.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Robbie and cml750 like this.
  9. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Q: The NFL will not respect the National Anthem this year so why would they play it?
    A: Because they want to be sure they give everyone a chance to disrespect it if they want to.

The NFL has decided BLM's protest is more important than showing respect to our nation's flag. Until the NFL adopts a policy to respect the American flag and the National Anthem, neither should be present at NFL games. I will not watch a sport that disrespects our flag and our anthem. Goodbye NFL.

Robbie likes this.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

1,916 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
  11. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    I sincerely hope that the viewership numbers for the NFL are in the toilet this year. I hope the big contract days for all of these "woke" players are over.

JoeKing likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    I am so glad I did not buy any Cowboy gear after they canned the clapping idiot. I have not bought anything Cowboy related since 2011 or 2012(I can't remember) in protest of Garrett. I had planned to buy stuff for this season as well as watching again for the first time in a few years. Thankfully I did not rush out and buy stuff. I will never watch a single NFL game or spend a penny on merchandise ever again. It is starting to look like I will be sports free in my life if every league accepts kneeling. I am keeping note of celebrities who feel the need to broadcast their "wokeness" and vow to never watch anything they appear in ever again. I will not put a dime in any pocket that is bat**** crazy left and un-American.

#Get-woke-go-broke

Robbie likes this.
  13. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    My stance on the situation is not so radical. I never say never about these things. They tend to evolve and work themselves out. Presently I am with you. I'm not watching games because I don't approve of the messaging the NFL is promoting with BLM. I'm curious to see how much open resistance this new policy gets this year once it's more on the front burner during the regular season. From what I see so far, it's getting no push back.

I will always be a Cowboys fan and appreciate their success in the past. But that does not mean I will support them going forward. I have a similar issue with my favorite NBA team the San Antonio Spurs. Their coach, Greg Popovich is outspoken on his support of the progressive agenda. He kisses the butt of BLM every chance he gets. Having lived in San Antonio 2002 through 2006, I know first hand how dominated the city is by liberal politics. My saving grace while there was being deployed overseas most of the time. Returning to the Democrat-controlled bureaucracy in San Antonio was always a downside of my deployments ending. I fought that city council tooth and nail the whole time I was there. They didn't like me flying my American flag so high. They wouldn't properly manage the homeless problem or faux beggars asking for money downtown. I got tired of it and finally got the hell away from there. Liberals ruin everything and for the time being, they have ruined the NFL and my Cowboys.

cml750 likes this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    The problem is there is no way for Goodell to ever walk back what he said. If he does the bat**** crazies will lose their mind. It was an unforced error on his part. If they can ever get past kneeling I too will start watching again. I just do not see how they can ever go back becuse the left will frame that as oppression. Since I see this as permanent I make my post with that in mind.

I fully agree with you on liberal cities. I always loved San Antonio as a place to visit but do realize it would be hard to live there. I prefer suburban areas that are right leaning. Unfortunately I have to move to the Houston area sometime this year for a job transfer. I love the new job opportunity but do not want to be in Harris county. I will try to find something on the outskirts in a right leaning area. On the bright side I just got a copy of my companies moving package yesterday and it is REALLY good. This will be the least painful move I have ever made. I have lived in the same town for about 28 years and have lived in three different houses as I have "upgraded" over the years from our starter home. The other times I moved myself. This time the company will handle just about everything including selling my current home, packing/moving everything, and closing cost. I even get a nice little lump sum to cover "miscellaneous expenses".

JoeKing likes this.
  15. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    I live in the Houston burbs half the year. It is pretty much right-leaning in any direction. We are South down I45 in the Clear Lake/Nasa area. They are still Harris County but League City is Galveston County which ir a few more miles South. You have many options including Friendswood, Pearland, etc.

Stay away from the West side of Houston(very congested) and the Baytown and LaPorte areas.

JoeKing and cml750 like this.
  16. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    We will be looking in League City, Pearland, Mont Belvieu, and/or the Humble/Kingwood areas. My position is in the Channelview area which is somewhere in between these areas. We currently live about 90 miles from Houston in the Beaumont area so I am very familiar with Houston. My son lives in the Heights and my brother-in-law lives in League City. I have no desire to be inside the 610 loop so I will not be looking close to my son. He currently lives in an apartment so he will have the chance to move close to wherever we end up if he so desires. Chances are we will end up down South near my brother-in-law since that is out of Harris county. One day when you are in Texas we will have to meet up in Kemah one day.

JoeKing and tabascocat like this.
  17. tabascocat

1,455 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    That commute from League City to Channelview will be brutal, the Beltway is a mess under their 10-year construction plan :eek:

I would never live inside the loop either. We can skip Kemah(I used to train servers long ago for all the restaurants) and over that place. I’ll take ya deep-sea fishing on my Hatteras instead :D

18. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    I will likely be going to work way before the traffic gets too bad. I typically leave the house around 4:30 AM. I like to get to the office before anyone else. I get more work done between 5 AM and 7 AM when the rest of the staff comes in than the rest of the day combined. I try to leave before the evening rush hour if at all possible.

Wow, you have a Hatteras here in Texas and you still stay in the Peoples Republic of California half the year?;) We just need you to vote here in Texas where your vote actually means something. Between the bat**** crazies out there on the left coast and the ballot harvesting they no regularly do, California is a lost cause. As far as Kemah goes, we avoid the boardwalk. We eat at Tookies and/or TBone Toms.

JoeKing and tabascocat like this.
  19. tabascocat

1,455 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    I still vote in Texas but the boat is currently in San Diego. A big waste because I am too chicken to go further than 10 miles out in the Pacific. I don’t know these waters at all.

20. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    Get that thing back to the Gulf ASAP!!!!

JoeKing likes this.