And just like that I am done with the NFL....

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by cml750, Jun 5, 2020.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    Well stated my friend!!

2. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    FC Dallas, the soccer team was booed by fans for kneeling during the national anthem before a recent game in Frisco. Fans are not down with that but I say don't just boo... leave and stop attending games. Jerry Jones was finally interviewed about the topic of kneeling during the national anthem. His answer was not so clear but he seemed to be more willing to allow players to kneel. He said he would treat the topic with grace and expects the team to play with fans attending the games in person. Jerry should not be surprised when fans do not show up contrary to his wishes.

cml750 likes this.
  3. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    The NBA craziness is now joined by MLB in protest. If they won't play, who cares? Viewership was way down already because nobody cared to watch them play. Do us a favor by never playing again. And if the NFL players get any crazy ideas by joining this craziness then please be my guests. I don't support your lunacy either. Cancel the season, no more sports in 2020! You accomplish nothing except hurting yourselves by ruining your own chosen profession. I can't wait till the new XFL gets organized and brings back football. Screw the NFL!

cml750 likes this.
  4. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received

Clarence is just stoking the fire of division on social media. It is possible to support the black community and police at the same time.

cml750 likes this.
  5. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received

cml750 and Robbie like this.
  6. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received

cml750 and Robbie like this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    They summed up my sentiments EXACTLY. I am done with sports until the market place delivers new leagues that STAND for American principles.

JoeKing likes this.
  8. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
  9. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Athlete activists are killing sports. The NBA is leading the way to a certain collapse of professional sports. The NFL is being so foolish to follow in those footsteps. "Social justice" is a hijacked endeavor by radical progressive entities that do not care about this country. It's so disappointing to see the NFL be lead by the nose in a direction that will not end well.

Kevinicus and cml750 like this.
  10. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
  11. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received

Robbie likes this.
  12. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
  13. Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

150 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    To me, the whole taking a knee has lost all of it’s meaning at this point. It’s only a charade to appease the lemmings and simple minded. It has lost any practical effect, as far as I am concerned.

Let em take a knee. I will take a knee during the “black national anthem”. Whatever the hell that is.

JoeKing likes this.
  14. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
  15. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    I guess the headline is the story. It does tell us something that has never been allowed before.

16. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I guess.

I have taken up the philosophy of always assuming a headline is false until I read the evidence in the story. And depending on the evidence, I may continue with that assumption.

17. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    The headline is factual, the Cowboys have been given the green light to protest before the game.

18. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received

Here is another white guy saying what he thinks blacks want to hear in this BS racial injustice climate. Appeasement, it's a verbal taking of the knee.

If the BLM crowd is so opposed to racial injustice in this world then why do their supports also support the Chinese Communist Party in China where real racial genocide is occurring? LeBron James doesn't want you to know about that.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Robbie likes this.
  19. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    ...meanwhile, where is Colin Kaepernick?

For more than three years, teams have hidden behind “he wouldn’t want anything other than a starting job” to excuse not offering him anything other than a starting job. Meanwhile, for more than three years, no one has bothered to even ask.

With each passing day, week, and month that teams avoid offering Kaepernick a job, it becomes easier to continue not offering him a job. Come January 1, Kaepernick will be four years removed from his last time on a football field. By then, all other narratives and excuses can take a back seat to: “He hasn’t been on a football field in four years, and counting.”

And still, in this current racial equality climate, Kaepernick remains missing from the NFL. Maybe that is not about racial inequality after all. Maybe he just sucks. The NFL wasn't wrong about him as the commish recently claimed.

RoboQB and cml750 like this.
  20. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received