Coronapocalypse

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by cml750, Mar 20, 2020.

1. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    They didn't give me a reason for banning me, but I assumed it was for arguing until I saw the people I argued with still posting. It still amazes me that the people they didn't ban have had six months to spend 15 minutes learning the basics and haven't done so.

Also amazing that Kevin has the patience to keep providing info to idiots who have no ability or desire to learn the basics.

Kevinicus and Robbie like this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    One of the mods must believe all the hysteria and got tired of you proving the others hysteria pushers wrong so many times with actual data and studies. Unless I missed a whole lot I did not see you do anything ban worthy. The mods let trolls like ActualCowboysFan add absolutely nothing to the discussion but troll post mostly against you and @Kevinicus yet never banned him.

Since I am sitting out football completely in protest now I do not go to the Zone very often. I can say that that board is the most over-moderated board on the internet and some of them are power abusers. After Hostile left to form his own board (where he has complete control like he likes it) the mods at the Zone got super bad trying to limit most anti-Garrett discussions. I got into it with BigDog via PM who gave me a timeout because he thought I complained about Garrett's mistakes too much in a frickin game thread :mad:. I found other Cowboy boards(the DCU) after that with much less moderation. I got invited to Hostile's site where I found out how he truly was :mad:. I still was on the zone quite a bit then but much less than before. They finally lightened up on Garrett bashing crackdown after some of them started to realize how bad he was but there is still way too much power there which is abused at times.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    JeremyParnell and JoeKing like this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    2,685 Likes Received
    None of us were given any explanation either. That's why I say after comparing notes, we came to the understanding the mods are eliminating conservative posts. Some folks just don't learn.

4. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Yeah, that was that got me. I've gone over the line and I get that, but I see most of us banned and ActualCowboy still there and that sealed it for me. ActualCowboy literally spent six months posting "Oh yeah" after a five second google search but that's cool with the mods. And my 12 year old honestly knows the science better than he does.

I donated to the site for five or ten years but refused to it this year, I was kind of hoping the mods would ask me why I didn't. I would love to have replied to that!

5. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    "But facts that make me uncomfortable violate the site rules!"

RoboQB and JoeKing like this.
  6. Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

150 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Which board is Hostile at? I would love to start reading his thoughts again. I’ve missed his input for years.

7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    CowboysOwn but the only way to get access is to be invited beforehand. If you try to access the site you immediately have to enter a password. Hostile may be a football encyclopedia but he is a first class arsehole. I no longer go to his site. I originally got access by replying to one of his rare post at the Zone and giving him a compliment for his knowledge. He reached out to me via PM and invited me. After a few years I found out what type of person he is and thus no longer access his site even though I am still a member. I should add he is the site owner and has complete control just the way he like it. There is a thread at the DCU dedicated to Hostile and some of the crap he has pulled over the years.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Robbie likes this.
  8. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    Pretty amazing how Covid has been forgotten about almost a week now eh? :cool:

cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  9. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,685 Likes Received
    Thank RBG dying for that. The radical left is only capable of messaging one thing at a time.

cml750 and tabascocat like this.
  10. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    See? There is NOTHING Ruth Bader Ginsberg can't do!!

cml750 and tabascocat like this.
  11. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    BTW, I had a hunch and had to dig for it, but do you know the source of "RBG's dying wish was that Trump not pick her replacement"?

It was counter to what RBG said while alive BTW, the source of that comment is her Granddaughter conveying what RGB said verbally? Is the Granddaughter a partisan you ask?

She is a Fellow at the American Civil Liberties Union. I'm not making that up.

12. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,685 Likes Received
    The granddaughter is a liar. RBG had previously stated a president's duty from year one to three carries on through the 4th year.

JeremyParnell likes this.