Cuties-Netflix

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tabascocat, Sep 12, 2020.

1. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Has anyone heard of this film on Netflix? It is about sexually exploiting pre-teenage girls in some very compromising and derogatory positions. This film would be over the top for even the legal aged girls. Netflix is very liberal with the Obamas and Clintons very involved.

Is this just another way to desensitize the public of pedophilia while on their way to legalize it? This is truly disgusting.......

JoeKing likes this.
  2. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    I heard about this film on The Ingraham Angle on Fox News, so I tried to watch it. It turned out to be an impossible task for me to do. I think I got about 25 minutes in and had to turn it off. The exploitation of these young girls is just not something I could bear to watch. It's just another reminder to me how disgusting Hollywood and the left really are.

tabascocat likes this.
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

519 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    Haven’t seen it. But I do remember conservatives were outraged when the movie The Hunt was coming out. It was about liberal elites hunting conservatives and hillbillies. It got delayed and finally got released with no publicity. I watched it and it was pretty good for a dumb movie similar to The Purge. The hillbilly chick ended up being the hero and the liberals in the movie came off as kinda dumb. Not sure if that’s what they were going for. The point is, the attention this movie is getting reminds me a lot of The Hunt. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s similar and it ends up making disgusting role models like Cardi B look bad.

4. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I saw the trailer and heard it's anti-exploitation. I could see that being the overall message of the film, but if they actually do exploit in order to make that message, it undercuts the message, and harms kids at the same time.

I'm not sure how you make a film with that message without actually doing it. Perhaps it's a message not meant for the medium of film. I can't fully judge without seeing it. It doesn't look particularly appealing aside from the contraversy, so I'm not sure I'll try.

I do know these things do happen at dance contests, so unfortunately, this movie is not breaking some new taboo ground.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    tabascocat and JoeyBoy718 like this.
  5. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
  6. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Okay, I'm a little over a half hour into it, and as far as the contraversy goes, it's not that bad so far.

As a film, it's pretty damn boring, and at times pretty annoying.

JoeKing likes this.
  7. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Keep watching if you can stomach it.

8. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    The controversy is towards the end but focus on where the camera angles are and what they focus in on. Those are shots made for pedophiles.

JoeKing likes this.
  9. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Yeah, at about 45 minutes, it started being more sexualized. I have about 25 minutes left and it's getting worse.

And, it's just an awful film anyway. There's really no reason considering the "story" so far for them to shoot it how they have. It's not even anti-exploitation at this point. These girls are doing these things themselves. It's not like there's someone pushing them to do it.

And the girls are just obnoxious, constantly.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    JeremyParnell, JoeKing and tabascocat like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    I have not seen it and do not care to but I wonder why in the hell would any parent let their child do that? I have seen enough highlights to know it is not only inappropriate but also utterly ridiculous for ANY parent to let their young daughters participate in any sexualized dances like that.

JeremyParnell likes this.
  11. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
  12. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    My first "exposure", pun intended, to this was seeing that tweet as a paid advertisement in my Twitter feed. I just glanced at it and assumed it was a news story about a middle school teacher going to jail for dressing young girls that way. Then I realized it was a paid advertisement for a real show and I literally did a doubletake.

I actually don't read larger societal issues into this, IMO its really about the Big Tech companies being so far inside their bubble that they are no longer on planet Earth. This isn't something slipping into a newspaper or webfeed, this is a huge company OK'ing this garbage all the way through the decision making, then all the way through production, then all the way through marketing, then all the way through the sales department.

The fact that not one person out of thousands stood up and said 'Holy crap, what are you thinking?" tells you everything.

JoeKing, cml750 and tabascocat like this.
  13. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I've seen a couple of "Well Ackshually" stories defending in the media but other than that I haven't heard of a single person who is OK with this.

Netflix tailors their content to viewer search terms, they already skew heavily toward horror and violence. They did a series about a teenage girl committing suicide that inspired copycat suicides.

JoeKing and cml750 like this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    My daughter took dance classes up until the time she was in high school when she had no time due to year round soccer & golf. I rarely saw the dances until the recital since we just dropped her off and picked her up at the studio (except the dad & daughter dances) but I can promise you if I ever saw her doing some crap like this at the recital I would have went on stage and yanked her off of it and I know several other parents who would have been on stage grabbing their kids with me.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    JeremyParnell and JoeKing like this.