Fox News Brainwashing

Discussion in 'Pro-Liberal Discussions' started by amberbeer, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Alex_P_Keaton

Alex_P_Keaton Well-Known Member

719 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Actually, that's exactly what he's saying.

Yeah, I don't doubt FOXNews viewers are more likely to believe the stimulus cost jobs. But that's not because of FOXNews. It's because people inclined to view Fox news are more inclined towards those opinions.

You are confusing cause-and-effect.

cml750 likes this.
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Well-Known Member

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I just quoted more than a dozen of his actual arguments and they were not that.

They compared Fox Viewers to a control group.

3. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    and? we can compare you to a fuzzy bucket and write up a pretty story on it - is it true?

only if you want it to be. hence, the circular logic here.

4. Alex_P_Keaton

719 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Yeah. I quoted the OP, too. In fact, I quoted the OP in his OP. Y'know, before we get the chance to revise our arguments.

5. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I missed him saying beliefs in addition to candidate selection. Frankly, the notion that what news you watch doesn't affect your beliefs is brain dead.

And you aren't even making an argument here. Care to actually address what the OP is saying on merit or you just going to go with the these insipid arguments that try to make it all about me? I'm guessing the latter since how much hung up you are on me.

6. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I meant the article in the OP. The stuff that I quoted like

Just to remind what the GOP types are trying to deflect from.

This one seems particularly apt: Describes many of the board GOP types.

Miguel Sanchez likes this.
  7. Alex_P_Keaton

719 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Again, that's great information. People are ignoring it because it has little to do with statements made by the OP.

Your studies show FOXNews viewers are more likely to hold certain beliefs than a randomized sample of the population. It's not proving cause.

8. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    its how you shake your groove thing.

9. Alex_P_Keaton

719 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Do I have to sit by Tommy the window licker again?

10. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    one of us has to do it.

Alex_P_Keaton likes this.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Again the studies used control groups. The notion that the news programs one watches doesn't influence beliefs is absurd.

12. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    maybe who they are influences which news they consider news. also if you are correct then its a good ploy for CNN to edit their news for desired results.

13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Well-Known Member

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    If I'm honest, probably not as much as I should and not nearly as much as I do beautiful women. Now, I will say this. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally married the most beautiful women, in my eyes, I've ever meet. Would you or anybody else see her in that way, who can say?

You can turn anything into a witch hunt if you really try. I am not really about that so much. I don't have any problems with people enjoying beautiful woman, just as I don't have a problem if woman do the reverse or if you are Gay or Lesbian and you find somebody attractive. Basically, I view this as none of my business and so why would I care? It human nature and you can't fight that. You can try but basically, you are building sandcastles in the surf. You can't fight millions of years of nature. It is what it is so I'm cool with it.

cml750 and iceberg like this.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    Aint America great!?

Alex_P_Keaton likes this.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    Not really. The topic of the thread is Brainwashing. Voter Fraud was never the real topic. It was incidental but I know you would like to make it about Voter Fraud so I will start another thread on Voter Fraud for you. Then you can talk to your little hearts content, or, until the little voices hearts are contented.

See, compromise!

16. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of that perspective, etc. Be careful when debating that issue...you're giving your opponent ammo;)

17. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    Oh, I know they will but honestly, I don't care. As I said, people will contrive anything if they want to bad enough. I'm not too concerned with it. However, I do appreciate you providing the advice Michael.

Be well Brother.

Miguel Sanchez likes this.
  18. Alex_P_Keaton

719 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    To accurately assess your claim, we'd need to take a group of people who've never seen FOXNews, record their opinions on certain issues, and then see how those opinions change after exposure to FOXNews relative to a control group.

That would allow us to falsify/not falsify your claim.

19. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    No, we wouldn't.

20. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

17 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Gee and I thought Fox was full of Conservatives and GOP's people. Guess I was wrong!