George Floyd

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tabascocat, May 28, 2020.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Are you talking about the George Floyd case? No, I have not seen the officer's bodycam footage, I did not know it had been released. I'll go check that out. Thanks.

tabascocat likes this.
  2. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Yes, he was complaining of not being able to breathe well before the incident, resisted arrest and appeared to be combative and ODing.

3. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Apparently the video was not "released" but rather "leaked" to the public. Floyd appears to be demonstrating fear for his life due to paranoia. He was pleading for the cops to not shoot him, resisted the cop's instructions to put his head on his head, and get out of his vehicle. He was frantic so I do not doubt his panicked state of mind. His not being able to breathe was his own doing but it still should have been considered by the police before kneeling on his head. The police should have found a way to allow him to relax. No matter the reason for his excited state, it could have been dealt with better.

tabascocat likes this.
  4. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
  5. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    This was an interesting read. It's almost as if the narrative we have come to be known as the "truth" by the court of public opinion may have been wrong. Oops! All that knee jerk reaction (protesting, looting, rioting, arson, and killing) may have been premature. It's almost worthy of a good laugh if it weren't so damn tragic. The universally believed story of Floyd's demise may be just that... a story... make-believe... fantasy. The agenda-driven "mob" is not going to be readily accepting of this new information.

cml750 likes this.
  6. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Like I already said, manslaughter at worst for the officers. Lets see if a jury agrees.....

cml750 and JoeKing like this.