Hunter Biden’s Ukraine gas firm pressed Obama administration to end corruption allegations, memos sh

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by speedkilz88, Nov 4, 2019.

1. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    Pelosi still doesn't want to do it. The left is just full speed ahead with top D leaders flat out saying they must do this because they can't beat him.

Hence, I put no faith that this is not another KAVANAUGH.

2. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    This is what needs investigating, doesn't it? That maybe Trump is following where our tax dollars went?

Given no one can explain the "value" hunter gave for his money, that's a bigger flag, to me, than Trump asking it gets looked into.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received

Dem's attempts to undo the 2016 election are failing.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

600 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    The Pentagon had already cleared the aid, certifying "...that the Government of Ukraine has taken substantial actions to make defense institutional reforms for the purposes of decreasing corruption [and] increasing accountability." So actual concerns over corruption are not the strongest reason for withholding aid.

Mark Meadows is referring to Sondland's statement in which he recanted:

"I now recall speaking individually with Mr. (Andriy) Yermak, where I said resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks," Sondland said.

Looks pretty innocuous on the surface, but it's documented in other testimonies, texts, and email that the "anti-corruption" statement had to feature the 2016 Election Conspiracy and Investigations into the Bidens and made by Zelensky.

Sondland also expresses the shift:

“It started as talk to Rudy [Giuliani], then others talk to Rudy,” he said. “Corruption was mentioned. Then, as time went on — and, again, I can’t nail down the dates — then let’s get the Ukrainians to give a statement about corruption. And then, no, corruption isn’t enough, we need to talk about the 2016 election and the Burisma investigations.”

First. What accusation do you want Hunter Biden investigated over?

Second. It's not that Donald Trump asked someone to look into something. The accusation is that he abused his power by leveraging meetings and aid to get the president of a foreign country to announce an investigation into a potential political opponent.

There's still some plausible deniability for Trump, in my opinion. But he's done himself no favors and has yet to mount a coherent defense that doesn't fall apart with the slightest scrutiny in light of some damning testimony.

JoeKing likes this.
  5. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    Trump does get in his own way a lot.

6. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    As long as the Dems are what they are, what difference does it make? So he's not going to win every state in 2020, he'll still win enough to get re-elected. No one is everyone's cup of tea and that certainly applies to DJT. At this point, everyone should understand he is what he is and he's not going to change.

7. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    There are simply times I think he could tone it down and get more accomplished. Noticing how he does things and disagreeing doesn't mean I expect him to change.

8. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

682 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    There aren't enough eyerolls.

cml750 and iceberg like this.
  9. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    Some of the things he does, I don't agree with either but I've long accepted the fact he's going to do this from time to time and still be the best option to vote for on election day. Trump getting in his own way is why I wasn't originally sold on him, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on his public persona.
    Over the last 3 years, he has shown he can tone it down if the occasion merits it. His speech this year in Normandy France was very presidential and his speech on National Prayer day was very fitting.

10. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    I just don't care, really. when he goes into annoying mode I change channels. When he's calm and talks, I tend to listen.

11. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

600 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I see not much has changed

12. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    never said i wanted hunter biden investigated. i said he made far too much money and yes, i do highly question his value for that money. to any valid company you must give value for what they pay you or you're gone. what value did hunter bring? i've not seen it yet. it does in turn beg the question, was it political advantages or another form of a lobbiest to help gain traction in washington?

all that has to be said here is what value hunter biden brought to the table and this goes away, to me. i do find it odd no one has been able to do that w/o guessing OF WHICH i'm not going to do or accept. but i will question.

13. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
  14. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    Well that would explain the salary.