I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years. Here’s what I experienced at Trump’s rally in New Hampshire.

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by speedkilz88, Feb 13, 2020.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

1,657 Messages
    1,965 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Karlyn Borysenko
    LINK

Normally when I publish content online, I focus on the world of work. I hope you’ll forgive this brief departure, but I think that those of us on the left need to take a long look in the mirror and have an honest conversation about what’s going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2020
    Robbie and cml750 like this.
  2. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    2,210 Likes Received
    Excellent post, I enjoyed reading it. I wasn't always a Trump supporter either. I came to this position in 2016 as someone that thought he was a Republican during the "Bush 43" years but after rejecting the GOP nominees in 2008 and 2012, I became an independent. I became a Ted Cruz supporter in 2010 so of course, I supported him in 2016 during his presidential bid. Even after the Cruz campaign dissolved in March of 2016 after the GOP convention nominated Trump I wasn't sold on Trump. I still wanted Cruz to represent me. As an independent, I was not loyal to the GOP nomination. That did not happen until the general election debates. Opposed to Hillary Clinton I was prepared to vote against her, even if that meant voting for the GOP nominee that I was not yet completely sold on. It took the general election debates to make me see Trump was someone I could actually vote for. To this day, not quite four years ago, I've never regretted becoming a Trump supporter.

cml750 likes this.