IRS to Dems on Trumps Taxes - DENIED

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by iceberg, Apr 11, 2019.

1. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    cml750, Robbie and JoeKing like this.
  2. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    2,210 Likes Received
    Here are the paragraphs that caught my eye..

"Mnuchin’s decision to not reject the Democratic request outright could buy the Treasury Department more time, since courts might not want to get involved until such a decision is made."...

"But Mnuchin said Wednesday that “the legal implications of this request could affect protections for all Americans against politically-motivated disclosures of personal tax information, regardless of which party is in power.”

Let's hope Mnuchin sticks to his decision not to release those records.

cml750 and iceberg like this.
  3. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    yep. one side keeps opening pandaras box and gets all surprised when "the other side" uses that method you suddenly approved for use.

getting mad and demanding stuff needs to stop being so successful and here's as good as place as any to start.

Robbie, cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  4. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    You see his sister resigned from her post as a fed judge to end the federal inquiry into the tax schemes she and her family made w/Fred's money. It makes a lot more sense now why he wouldn't that released. That's where their money came from, etc.

5. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    I DO NOT CARE WHERE IT CAME FROM.

in the same light perhaps no one cares how the clintons left the white house broke and stole things on the way out and somehow found money as SoS.

you are ALWAYS on the attack - it's as if you feel that if you don't attack your life is somehow less than before.

Robbie likes this.
  6. Miguel Sanchez

1,291 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    The OP is a statement of refusal, I guessed at the reason that might be? long stretch

7. JoeKing

4,444 Messages
    2,210 Likes Received
  8. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    dude - not sure what your problem is but sometimes i just want to talk over the issues - not play social "my side is right and yours sucks" tag.

your "guess" would be much better served "asking" what i mean if you don't understand or i am not clear enough. this constant attacking is annoying, tiresome, and to me, the root of our core issues as a country these days.

my only point on this issue is simply two-fold.

he doesn't have to legally give them to be president. if this bugs you, work to change the law moving forward.

any reason to have them is simply to go on another fishing expedition. something else to whine about cause you hate trump.

also so very annoying anymore.

Robbie and JoeKing like this.
  9. Miguel Sanchez

1,291 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Considering how much flack he got for Russia, I would think he would want to release them to disparage any appearance so. Most presidents release them, with his history of business dealings around the world, it would help to know where his biggest interests would be to determine if he gives preferential treatment to those countries policy wise; mainly economically. It only adds to the narrative that he has something to hide and he could make that one less problem on his plate. it's not about my side winning anything. If he wasn't a global real estate dev., that wouldn't be an issue and why this mainly hasn't been an issue for prior presidents. Its not Dems going after him yet again as you paint it, this has been an issue prior to him winning the nom as the Repub nominee as other pubs called him on it. Why wouldn't we want to know that; where his bus. int could comp his decision making/implement policy? BC he doesn't have to sounds head in the sand defiant.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  10. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    there comes a point where i am just no longer interested in attempting to appease people who have shown zero signs of EVER being appeased.

as long as you don't get what you want, there's something evil on that nasty other side.

friggin sick of it.

JoeKing likes this.
  11. Miguel Sanchez

1,291 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Sure, I just created this...? The tax issue has been a problem since the beginning but pubs didn't pressure him to release them his first 2 years. Now that Dems want to see them with legal backing, we can never be appeased, etc. There's a reason presidents since NIXON (cough twice) release their returns...just bc his base doesn't care doesn't mean the country shouldn't.

12. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    yes, the left created this.

taxes are not part of the process. the left is asking for them so they can go A HA - YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING!!!!

when it becomes the law i will fight with you to get them. since it is not the law today - i simply don't care. anyone doing the "rage" is doing it cause they hate trump and any port in a storm.

it's only a problem because the left wants it to be. like many things these days.

JoeKing and cml750 like this.
  13. JoeKing

4,444 Messages
    2,210 Likes Received