Jared Kushner gave green light on Jamal Khashoggi arrest

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by superonyx, Nov 5, 2019.

1. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

85 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is a troubling development if true.
    Reports are coming out that Turkey has the phone call and this is why Trump stepped aside in Syria.

Report: Jared Kushner 'Gave Green Light' on Khashoggi Arrest

Report Claims Jared Kushner ‘Gave Green Light’ to MBS Arrest of Jamal Khashoggi, White House Says It’s ‘Nonsense’
    By Charlie NashNov 4th, 2019, 10:52 am
    315 comments
    [​IMG]
    Al Drago/Getty Images

The Spectator’s Cockburn gossip column cited allegations from anonymous sources who claimed President Donald Trump was blackmailed by Turkey into leaving northern Syria after his son-in-law Jared Kushner gave his blessing to Saudi Arabia’s arrest and subsequent murder of Washington Post reporter Jamal Khashoggi. The White House has denied the claims.

In the Spectator USA column, which was published on Sunday, pseudonymous blogger Cockburn wrote of the shocking evidence being compiled by House Democrats in the impeachment inquiry. Cockburn wrote that “Kushner (allegedly) gave the green light to MBS to arrest the dissident journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, who was later murdered and dismembered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul,” citing an anonymous source.

“A second source tells Cockburn that this is true and adds a crucial twist to the story. This source claims that Turkish intelligence obtained an intercept of the call between Kushner and MBS. And President Erdogan used it to get Trump to roll over and pull American troops out of northern Syria before the Turks invaded,” Cockburn further claimed, adding that he “hears that investigators for the House Intelligence Committee know this whole tale and the identities of some of the people telling it.”

“Whether any of is true is another matter but Adam Schiff certainly seems to be smiling a lot these days,” Cockburn concluded.

Though the allegations made waves on social media, according to The Daily Mail, a unnamed White House official described the report as “false nonsense.”

2. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,909 Messages
    2,454 Likes Received
    mediaite is very left based.

but you're gone now, so bye bye.

3. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,263 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Count me a being 100% skeptical about anything "unnamed sources" leak from our government. Their track record is not good when it comes to anything Trump. They struck out with Russia and Mueller. They will soon strike out with this phony Ukraine BS. This sounds like a precursor for strike number 4 which will also likely fail. If they actually had any proof of this they would have already used it instead of making up nonsense about Trump/Ukraine out of thin air.

4. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,909 Messages
    2,454 Likes Received
    there have been far too many of those used all around. i put 0 cred into it and always will. my minor in college was journalism and it hurts to see what they've become. they'll write up whatever you want to hear if you pay them with clicks and LOOK HERE from their clickbait headlines designed to do just that.

when ANY story is full of insults and disparaging comments about their topic, i stop reading. period. its now an opinion piece and those are seldom if ever based in truth. they may weave the parts they want to present in a manner they wish it to be seen, but it's not unbiased and i simply don't have time for that anymore.

5. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

600 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Doesn’t seem very credible

cml750 and iceberg like this.