Juneteenth

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by JoeKing, Jun 19, 2020.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received

I didn't know so many people were unaware of Juneteenth. I've been celebrating Juneteenth my whole life. I'm glad to see it getting the widespread recognition it deserves and I already thought it had. I'm curious about the experience of other posters here when it comes to this holiday. If you are from Texas you already know about it because it's a state holiday. Did you know about it? Do you celebrate it?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Robbie likes this.
  3. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received

My favorite FLOTUS.

4. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure I had heard the term, but if you had asked me a few weeks ago what "Juneteenth" was, I couldn't have told you. If I learned about it in school, I just don't remember it.

JoeKing likes this.
  5. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    The day has never been considered anything significant until Trump scheduled a rally on the day. When you think about it , it definitely was a very important day and we likely should celebrate it. I can't think of anything better than a rally for the President that has done the most for Americans with dark skin tones than anyone since the man that set them free from slavery finally actually making them Americans instead of being property. I say Americans with dark skin tones because that is what they are. They are primarily Americans for which some like to identify with another continent for some strange reason. Heck I would not even point out the skin tone but too many are obsessed with it.

Robbie and JoeKing like this.
  6. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    My biracial daughter is suddenly only black and obsessed with promoting BLM. It breaks my heart. She thinks she is doing the right thing by being consumed by the thought of cops killing black folks. I told her about all the black folks getting killed by other blacks in Chicago. She coldly replied she didn't care about that. It sent a chill down my spine to hear those words from her. Here she is trying to put out a little campfire but if only she would turn around she would see the house behind her is on fire. I had to remind her its Juneteenth, she doesn't care. She is "woke" and trying to get to Woketown, Seattle. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Robbie and cml750 like this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    I feel for you. My son is also extremely lost right now.

8. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Thank you. She has two brothers that turned out fine. I just don't know where I failed as a parent with her. I will pray for your son.

9. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Hey now, I have a lesbian sister who lives in Seattle :eek:

She was born and raised Conservative(in Texas) but is now a mislead, uninformed sheep. She thinks that she has to be liberal just because she is gay. She is also at that prime indoctrinated age(36). At least she knows not to talk politics with me now, she avoids that conversation like the plague :D

cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  10. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Holy crap! You have a sister that is 36? My daughter is 33, but you are so right about that being the prime indoctrinated age.

tabascocat likes this.
  11. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Yea, she was a late surprise to my parents :eek:

JoeKing likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    I also have a daughter who turned out fine. I am more disappointed that my son has never accepted Jesus as his savior than his politics. I feel like a huge failure in that regard. The politics just rub salt in the wound. He was always more libertarian than conservative but generally voted Republican before. He is a super never-Trumper and has soaked in all the hate and lies from the mainstream media for the last three years and has made a HUGE left turn. I do not do Facebook but my daughter showed me pictures he posted standing next to Beto back in 2018 and this year he supported Elizabeth Warren before she dropped out and posted a picture he took with her at a Houston rally. Seeing those cut me down to the bone. I can't even discuss politics with him these days without him starting to act like raving lunatic.

13. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Thanks for sharing. I don't do Facebook either. Now I'm afraid of what I might find out about my daughter if I did. I'm starting to think not accepting Jesus as savior and being a liberal today go hand in hand. I'm sorry to hear about your son. I will add him to my prayer list. I think sometimes children just go astray no matter how good of a job we do as parents. They do have a mind of their own after all.

cml750 likes this.
  14. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    You guys are scaring me. My daughter is just about to turn 3, and I worry about teaching her right. When my wife (now ex) got a trust, she wanted to put her sister down as the one who would watch our daughter if something happened to us. She is super liberal and not religious. I nixed that and said I'd prefer my mom take her. I knew she'd be sure to put Jesus in her life, and is more conservative in her values.

cml750 likes this.
  15. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Sorry dude, I didn't mean to scare you. Children will do what they want. In the end, all we can do is do our best and love them. As much as we think we can put them on the right path, they have to want to go there. I'm not giving up

cml750 likes this.
  16. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    All you can do is raise them right and pray about it. My son had a huge influence in high school from a teacher who was a liberal atheist who we later found out did quite a bit of "preaching" in school. My son had this teacher for 2 different classes for three years straight since the teacher taught both debate and video technology and my son took both classes freshman - junior years. He ended up getting in trouble for sleeping with a student so he lost his job or my son would have had him four straight years. Having this idiot "preaching" every day my son was in school vs. his mother and I raising him in the ways of the Lord and to be conservative ended up with him being an agnostic libertarian. As I said earlier he is a never-Trumper who made a huge left turn from digesting so much anti-Trump mainstream media. If I ever see that "teacher" out on the streets I will have to pray for strength not to whoop his ass. The moral to this story is to know who is teaching your kids. We had no idea about this guy who my son absolutely loved as a teacher up until he was fired. We only found out about him after my son opened up about him a little because he was very angry because he and the girl the teacher slept with had a relationship although they never officially dated. We even had to give the police permission to interview my son to corroborate some of the timelines the girl had given to the police after her mother found some racy text messages between the girl and the teacher that she reported . By the time we found out about this teacher the damage was already done.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  17. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    I have believed that for a long time. There is definitely a lot of demonic stuff going on there. Just look at the way homosexuality became okay literally overnight. Even Obama was against gay marriage and all of the sudden he made a dramatic change. Changes that happen that quick do not happen without demonic power helping them out. When we know how powerful an angel is and that Lucifer was one of the most powerful angels before rebelling against God there is a lot of evil power out there with a 1/3 of the angels that fell with Lucifer. Unless ones heart is protected by the Holy Spirit then it is susceptible to the demonic power. It is very easy to see how the anti-Christ will easily be able to come into power and deceive so many.

JoeKing likes this.
  18. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Thank you. I appreciate this conversation. It gives me something to think about. Look at the way one year the NFL frowned on kneeling during the national anthem and now they are encouraging it. Was that the devil at work too? The movement behind it all, hidden in good intentions, actually the work of Satan? It would explain so much.

cml750 likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    For both your daughter and my son the only thing we can really do is pray every day that they find he Lord. Once they find the Lord everything else will work itself out. I will be praying for your daughter.

JoeKing likes this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    @JoeKing some more food for thought. Please read these verses from Romans and tell me that it does not exactly describe what we are witnessing in this country right now.

Kevinicus likes this.