Kyle Rittenhouse

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by JoeyBoy718, Aug 27, 2020.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

522 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    What do you think about this? He's being charged with 1st degree intentional murder. You can't even protect yourself against violent mobs even when the police stand down and let them rampage. I agree, if Kyle was my son, I wouldn't want him to go out into that chaos. You're safer if you mind your business at home. But now they even started harassing people dining at restaurants. Just yesterday they started getting in people's faces at restaurants for not putting their fists in the air for BLM. So you can't defend yourself, the cops won't defend you, and even if you mind your own business, they'll still come up to you.

2. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I don’t know what to think yet without all the information. But, I don’t think he should have been there playing vigilante. It isn’t like he had his own business to protect or that he was an officer. IMO, he went looking for trouble and found some.

This will happen again if they don’t squash these riots. Anyone trying to help is in a no-win situation. I say stay the heck away unless you are/will be directly affected.

As for the other, protect yourself if confronted but think long and hard before pulling a gun out. The innocent will pay the political price. Lay a hand on me or the wife, things change and someone will be shot though. Make sure you know the gun laws in your state before going out of what kind of force can be used legally.

JoeKing likes this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Ditto

tabascocat likes this.
  4. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I read somewhere (not sure if it's true) that he worked at one of the places down there that he was trying to protect.

5. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    That does not matter, he did not have legal possession of the weapon he was using and certainly was not using it in a legal defensive manner. That boy has put himself in deep legal hot water and is going to boil for it. I discourage anyone from vigilante activity like this.

6. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received

Interesting insight by a pro- 2A person I respect.

7. JoeyBoy718

522 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    This kid shouldn't have been out there. But the rioters burning down the businesses shouldn't have been out there either. I'm not defending what the kid did, but this can have some pretty serious implications on everyone.

We currently live in a country where you can't depend on police to protect you because they're being told to stand down, defunded, attacked, killed, and are just tired of putting their necks on the line. Not only can they not protect you, but they can't really put a stop to the chaos going on, especially since the media and governments aren't discouraging it.

So what can you do? For one, you can not put yourself in harm's way. That's where this kid slipped up. He shouldn't have been out there. But what happens if we don't have people like this kid? What happens if we all just sit at home and wait for this to pass? The streets will continue to burn.

Even if you mind your own business, we're seeing people getting harassed on the street just for not following orders of a violent mob. So what do you do? You can continue to mind your own business and hope nobody harassed you at a restaurant and nobody tries to burn your store down (hey, I'm not gonna lie, that's exactly what I'm gonna do).

But what do you do if you don't get so lucky and you do find yourself in a hostile situation? If you're not even allowed to protect yourself and you can't depend on anyone else to protect you, then I don't see how this doesn't affect all of us.

On one hand, people are judging this kid and saying he shouldn't have done what he did. And at the same time, they're saying "if you come into my space, you better expect to see a gun in your face." I don't see how it works both ways.

This kid shouldn't have been there. That's a fact. But he was there. And it seems like every reaction he had was what most people would think they would do in the same situation. The only difference is that he was in the situation and you weren't.

JoeKing and tabascocat like this.
  8. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I don't know. I've seen conflicting reports about the legality of his possession.

I don't see how it wouldn't be a legal defensive manner (unless you are speaking about the defense of property, but I don't know what he did specifically prior to the shooting).

This would indicate the possession was legal:

Wisconsin Legislature: 948.55

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  9. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Let the facts pan out and all the speculation be muted by patience.

cml750 likes this.
  10. JoeyBoy718

522 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Like how the Democrats wait for the facts before condemning police as white supremacists after every shooting?

I understand what you’re saying and maybe he was technically in the wrong by being a few months too young or traveling a few miles too far to go back home.

It’s more about the fact that you’re not allowed to protect yourself anymore. Police get thrown in jail even if the shootings are justified. People get thrown in jail for stepping out on their porch with guns when a mob comes on their lawn. People get killed trying to defend their property (see the many store owners who died in the past few months) and if they fight back they get thrown in jail if anyone gets hurt.

I don’t know the point in waiting for the facts to come out anymore when mayors are releasing violent rioters from jail and arresting people for standing up to the rioters. There’s no more truth to stand behind because the truth is becoming subjective based on who’s in charge.

11. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I wish the left would take that approach, just once.

cml750, JoeKing and JoeyBoy718 like this.
  12. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
  13. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    You don't right the wrong by being wrong yourself. I've experienced combat in the fog of war so I know it's easy to think you can't win without fighting as the enemy is fighting but we can not win in the fight for law and order by defying it. We have righteousness on our side, we can not blur that line by crossing it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  14. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    They won't which is why they will lose.

15. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    Welcome to today's left where a person is guilty even if they are proven innocent. Anyone who was says they are on the fence who does not get off on the RIGHT(dual meaning ;)) side was never on the fence to begin with.

JoeKing likes this.
  16. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received

cml750 likes this.
  17. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received

cml750 likes this.
  18. Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

150 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    This kid is an American Hero!

19. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    I have to give Kyle Rittenhouse credit for one thing, that kid has some serious trigger finger discipline.

20. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    If the people he shot turns out to be members of Antifa and every shooting was self-defense then yeah, pin a medal on the guy but I'm reserving judgment about that until all the facts are well established and out in the open. I'm not going to rush to judgment about him good or bad.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.