Pope Francis Slams Donald Trump’s Notions Of ‘radical Islam’

Discussion in 'Pro-Liberal Discussions' started by amberbeer, Oct 1, 2016.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Well-Known Member

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    And what word have I given you, that I have not stood behind now?

Passepartout likes this.
  2. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

17 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Is it just me or is this one of the most outspoken Popes we have ever had? The Popes I know about usually were low key and low profile. But not Pope Francis!

3. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    not been a practicing catholic in several decades but the ones i do know don't care for him much.

4. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    He's very outspoken and very politically minded, it would seem. This is actually interesting because the Bible is very specific about this. Psalm 33:12 tells you what the position of the Church should be:

“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!” Render unto Caesar what is his, but we must obey the law but know God is the ultimate ruler. "

and in John, 18:36:

" My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”

In both of these verses, and there are more contained in the Bible, it is clear that Christianity is not to be involved in Politics of any given country. That is of man, according to scripture. God's word is above this, according to the Bible. I don't know what to make of this guy.

5. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Well-Known Member

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    That I contradicted my previous statements all the time. This is why I say you have issues reading. A quick review using the arrow next to the quote's author feature should ahve made it quite easy to figure out if you could not remember.

You made several accusations about my method. I repudiated with examples. You claim I contradicted that previously. Now you dissemble into nonsense rather than stand by your word.

6. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    and this is why many catholics are upset. not for his own stances but in that he's speaking for the church in these matters.
    no he didn't.

there. i must be right cause i said it first.

i show you contradictions all the time - you just choose to redefine the question.

7. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    So, what you are saying to me is that I've broken my word, to you, because "you" contradict your previous statements all the time? Is that what you contend, or are you having problems reading again?

So what I'm getting out of this is that I've not given you my word and you claiming that I have is just some BS you threw out there. Is that essentially where we are at here?

iceberg likes this.
  8. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    looks like it to me. :)

9. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

740 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Boxboy is just another insult directed towards you in a disrespectful manner.

JoeKing likes this.
  10. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    thought it was like the pissboy in history of the world part 2.

JoeKing, cml750 and Nelson like this.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received

Yeah, I know but it's cool. I don't really fret about it much. I know what's going on there. People will judge me,and Fuzzy, based on what they read and how we conduct ourselves. I am OK with that.

JoeKing likes this.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    LOL.... Certainly feels like it sometimes.

JoeKing and cml750 like this.
  13. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    Most Catholics I know are not happy with this Pope.

JoeKing and iceberg like this.
  14. zrinkill

zrinkill Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    fuzzy logic