Rayshard Brooks

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by JoeKing, Jun 15, 2020.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    His death at the hands of the Altanta police has added another chapter to this current culture of woke citizens claiming police were in the wrong. Judge for yourself...

rayshard brooks video - Bing video

I know what I saw but it's not what's being spun in the media.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
  3. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    White people can't know what blacks experience at the hands of the police. They can't even know what other white people experience. All they, or anyone has, are their own experiences. Similarly, black people can't know what white people experience.

So when people cry about systemic racism and abuse by the police, all they can go by is the statistical data, and the examples they point to as evidence.

When most of those examples lead most to think the police acted properly, and that they would be treated exactly the same if they acted the same way, then they are going to have serious doubts about the rest of the claims about bias and how blacks are treated.

4. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    That's an inaccurate statement. It assumes blacks and whites are treated different. People regardless of race can observe how others are treated by police and without the proper training to know what they are looking at can see a very different thing. The statistical analysis does indicate that police act properly, by in large regardless of race. Today's protest of police brutality and racial injustice is disingenuously attempting to roll all claims of police brutality into one argument, rather than reviewing each case on its own merit. As long as this is happening along with emotional knee jerk reactions, the wrong course of action will continue to occur.

The police were calm professionals in this case of Mr. Brooks. They did not escalate this tragedy. They asked for compliance but inturn got resistance. After a series of felonies, the officer was impelled to use deadly force. And was summarily improperly fired by a woke Mayor without proper investigation. He should sue the crap out of her.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  5. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    He deserved it, play stupid games and win stupid prizes :(

zrinkill and JoeKing like this.
  6. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Exactly, unfortunately, he earned the use of deadly force being used on him. There was no other correct course of action by that officer. We can not have our police attacked like that and just let the assailant getaway. Allow the police to do their job, submit and allow the legal process work. Mr, Brooks was thinking with an intoxicated mind, scared and did not respect the police. Black communities all across this country need to stop teaching their children that all police are bad. I was told as a very young boy by my grandfather to respect the police and comply when they are talking to me.

tabascocat likes this.
  7. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    There is no more respect for authority these days, that is problema numero uno :mad:

JoeKing likes this.
  8. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Which part is inaccurate?

9. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    I will say one thing that the officers could have done differently. It was evident that he fired the taser, he missed and that means he is now empty. The two guys could have just run him down at that point, especially since he was drunk.

But, I can’t blame the cop for shooting either in a rapidly escalating situation. You attack and steal a taser, expect to get shot.

JoeKing likes this.
  10. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
  11. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    The pretense you proposed that our individual experiences with police can only be known by each individual. That's false. We all share our experiences. In this day in age where almost everyone is carrying their own video camera, it's hard to do something in public and not have that observed by others. But the untrained eye can be fooled. Our biases also affect what we think we see. We interpret actions differently. But still, on rare occasions, we all see the same thing and interpret it the same way. Consensus like this is when you know we are all sharing the same experience... we universally saw George Floyd get killed... and we all universally condemned it.

Despite what BLM would have us believe, not all cases of police confronting a black man are created equate. Mr. Brooks was confronted by calm police officers, doing their job to the letter of the law. He got himself killed and sadly he's not alone. There are so many other examples where young black men got themselves killed by police... Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin to just name a couple. BLM ignores these facts and instead attempts to shift these incidents into the same group with legitimate police brutality like what happened to George Floyd. Blurring the lines of truth and untruth is what these instigators do. They recruit weak minds and brainwash them with agenda laden lies.

tabascocat likes this.
  12. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Rundown someone that has already proven they can overpower you? In the hopes of what? Getting overpowered again? No, this was a textbook case of justified deadly force.

Robbie likes this.
  13. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    I was just playing devil’s advocate, I would have shot him too. I just learned that this guy was paroled due to Covid for beating his kids, got seven years. These guys getting killed are all angels I tell ya.......

JoeKing likes this.
  14. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Holy crap!! I hadn't heard that yet. The left will still spin this guy as a saint rather than a sinner.

I'm telling you, the left is Hydra and they are in heavy recruitment mode.

cml750 and tabascocat like this.
  15. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Double-tap!

16. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Joe, I am having some serious Mexican withdrawals. This is the time of year that we spend a month in the Yucatan Peninsula soaking up the sun and surf. I need the food, culture and scuba in my life right now!

I know you are hispanic(Mexican?), any insight into a vacation there any time soon?

17. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    The cartels are at war all over the place. There's not an inch I trust there anymore. When I get a hankering for Mexican and the sun and surf, I go to Corpus Christi

tabascocat likes this.
  18. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Are Cozumel and Playa del Carmen ok though? I don’t do South Texas when I want to dive. I need to hit Cozumel at the very least. I do avoid Cancun at all costs.

19. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    In 2018 there was a travel warning issued for Playa del Carmen. The State Department was warning U.S. government employees to avoid the area of Playa del Carmen due to an unspecified security threat. This was after a ferry explosion that injured more than 20 people and the discovery of more explosives aboard a boat in nearby Cozumel. To the best of my knowledge that travel warning has not been lifted to this date. I apologize for my intel not being more up-to-date.

tabascocat likes this.
  20. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    In 99% of cases, we're not going to have access to the video footage of someone's interaction with the police (I'm talking with people we may interact with personally, and the black population on the whole, not the cases that make it on the news - the broader picture). Especially, for older experiences that people base their biases on. So, all we have to go on, from their perspective, is their word. They may be completely honest and accurate with their description of their experiences, but if they at the same time point to Michael Brown as a good example of police brutality, I'm going to seriously question their interpretation of their experiences.

I'm just saying, when people talk about how mistreated they have been, as a population, and then they point to certain examples (Trayvon martin, Michael Brown, Brooks in Atlanta) where many people disagree with their interpretation and don't seem to show mistreatment like they're claiming, then people are going to question those people's interpretation of their other experiences we don't see.

Like, sure, someone says they're mistreated because they're black, but they also think Michael Brown was mistreated, so I'm not going to put much stock in their assessments.