Rayshard Brooks

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by JoeKing, Jun 15, 2020.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    The long video I posted on my OP shows how the witnesses claimed Mr. Brooks did nothing wrong and the cop just shot him in cold blood for no reason at all. We now know after reviewing all the videos of what happened, it was a justified use of deadly force but the fake news media still spins the story into another case of police abuse of power. They revise what really happened and this becomes the narrative told to the black communities. I think this revisionist tailing of what actually happens is commonplace. That's why I say it's rare to come across a case like George Floyd; a clear cut case of police brutality and even then, I don't think the motivation of the cop was racial. BLM is full of crap and the protest against racial injustice is nothing but a huge lie. Does everyone want equality? No, the liars want instability in our society so they can start a revolution. So many weak mind white people are falling for this BS because they are scared to call BS on the lies.

2. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Agreed.

All these videos I've seen the last 8 years or so, 90% of the time, everything looks justified. The few times it's not, surprise, surprise, the officers end up being charged.

JoeKing likes this.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

1,916 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    I personally wasn't happy with the Trayvon Martin case, but that guy wasn't a cop. He was just someone who was a volunteer neighborhood watch. Although he wasn't actually on "duty" that fateful night. He just happened to see a kid he didn't know from the neighborhood and was carrying a gun which I don't see being something neighborhood watch people should be carrying unless it's strictly for someone coming at their car. He should never had gone after the kid and should have relied on the cops to question him.

4. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    As long as people insist on splitting hairs like this, there will continue to be disingenuous narratives being spread around to cast doubt on what actually happened. The neighborhood watch person was completely in the right to do everything he did that night, including contacting the police then doing exactly as instructed by the police when he was told to keep eyes on the "subject" until they arrive on the scene. He never initiated contact, that was Trayvon's doing. Trayvon was the aggressor and Trayvon got himself killed. Suggesting a person's 2A rights should be suspended when performing the duty of a neighborhood watchman is obviously dispelled by this very case because in doing so it saved the life of that neighborhood watchman. Again he was told to keep eyes on the "subject" so he was compelled by the police to follow him at a distance. Saying he "went after the kid" ignores the fact he was not the one that initiated the contact. He never even drew his weapon until he was on his back with Trayvon on top of him continuously smashing his head on the sidewalk. Trayvon was the aggressor and got himself killed.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  5. speedkilz88

1,916 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    No Joe 911 told him to stay in his car. He followed Trayvon through an apartment complex with a gun. He wasn't acting like a neighborhood watch, he was acting like Charles Bronson in Death Wish.

zrinkill likes this.
  6. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Rather than confront, pursue, or shoot Martin, the first thing Zimmerman did was call the police and report a suspicious person. Precisely why Martin ran isn’t known, but there is no doubt that Zimmerman was never told not to leave his vehicle. In fact, the dispatcher specifically told Zimmerman to continue to report on Martin’s actions, as any competent dispatcher would. When Martin abruptly ran, Zimmerman ran a short distance but lost sight of Martin before he could leave his truck. Zimmerman’s only intention was to keep Martin in sight so he could report to the police who he believed were on the way. Even if Zimmerman had been actively following Martin, that too would have been entirely lawful.

The dispatcher asked if he was following Martin, and when Zimmerman said he was, he was told, “we don’t need you to do that.” Zimmerman, who had already lost Martin by that time, replied, “OK,” and told the dispatcher he had lost Martin and had no idea where he was. It was about four more minutes before Martin, who was hiding somewhere in the immediate area, surprised and confronted Zimmerman, broke his nose with a sucker punch, knocked him to the ground, straddled him, and repeatedly swung at his face and beat his head on a concrete sidewalk. There is no evidence, physical or testimonial, that Zimmerman so much as landed a single blow on Martin.

Transcripts of Calls in the George Zimmerman Case

At no time was Zimmerman told not to leave his vehicle. The transcript of the 911 call makes this crystal clear.

7. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Listening to the DA now...insane. Absolutely false description, idiotic reasoning, and just all around absurdity.

I predict a mass resignation event.

cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  8. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    I agree. It depends on the verdict but if this is how the DA is going to spin a cop doing his job then who would ever want to be a cop? The police need to know the legal system has their back. In this case, it appears that it is not happening.

Kevinicus and cml750 like this.
  9. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Does anyone else see how this is being set up? No matter the verdict, there will be an outcry of injustice. Either we are going to allow someone to resist arrest, overpower the police and run away or we do not. If this is allowed then that is the end of law and order. On the other hand, the woke idiots are going to burn America down city by city... the end of civilized society.

Either way, America is in trouble!

cml750 likes this.
  10. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,617 Likes Received
    The Progressive judicial branch that Obama stacked is smothering justice, law and order these days :mad:

That is a hole that will be hard to dig out of, almost as difficult to overcome as indoctrinating professors and teachers.

cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  11. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
  12. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received

Something is afoot. The DA is making false claims about cooperation from the other officer. "Law and Order" can only occur when the DA and police are working from the same set of rules. This BLM agenda DA is attempting to hijack the prosecution of this case. It's time for the police to reject this DA's BS. The chant, no justice no peace works both ways. I suspect the police will let Atlanta burn.

13. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    When you can produce that 911 transcript where the dispatcher told George Zimmerman to not leave his vehicle, you let me know. Feel free to post a link. This is nothing to argue about. It's a provable fact it never happened. Maybe you heard it from the fake news and thought they actually told the truth for once. It makes me wonder what else did you heard from the fake news on this case and believe? George Zimmerman is no Charles Bronson. Bronson was a badass. Zimmerman has proven himself to just be an ass with 2A rights.

14. speedkilz88

1,916 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
  15. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    They are also trying to say the officer kicked Brooks. There evidence for that is a screen shot from a video. I searched long and hard and could nto find any videos showing what happened in the seconds immediately after the shooting. Why just release a screen shot and not the video? The officer could have easily been trying to slide the taser away from Brooks. The fact that they just released a screenshot when there is obviously a video that the screenshot was taken from reeks of trying to push the narrative that the officer was bad and committed murder. The DA is obviously bowing to politcal pressure being up for reelection in a majority black town.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    JoeKing likes this.
  16. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

198 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    He did NOT follow Martin. He stopped and Martin came back TO HIM. You're lying through your teeth. Where Zimmerman said Martin was while he was talking to the dispatcher was not where Martin was when he died. The only way for Martin to get to where he died was coming BACK to the spot he already walked beyond.

In all likelihood, Martin started the fight and lost.

17. speedkilz88

1,916 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    He stalked Martin with a gun, what would you do as a kid where a man is following you and corners you in an apartment complex (an area you aren't familiar with) with a gun? Remember Martin committed no crime he went to a store and was returning to his father's gf's house. Even the politician in Florida who created the law of stand your ground said that Martin was the one the law was intended for, not Zimmerman.

Ahmad Arbery case is very similar but happened during the day.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  18. JoeKing

4,900 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    Zimmerman's gun was concealed while observing Martin. Martin never knew Zimmerman even had one until he ambushed him. Martin didn't see a man stalking him with a gun. He saw a man observing him while casing his neighbor's windows. Did you not hear that Martin was not walking on the sidewalk but rather going from apartment building to apartment building checking out every window. Martin's first detection of Zimmerman observing him sent Martin into a paranoid flight or fight response because he felt he was busted. His guilty conscience told him to run straight home to safety but then his ego betrayed him by telling him to fight. Your affliction with incorrect information is a symptom of you paying too much attention to the fake news networks where the propagation of incorrect information is job one. They did a hell of a job of that with the Zimmerman self-defense shooting of Trayvon Martin and you obviously fell for it hook line and sinker. I look forward to your digging your metaphoric grave deeper should you decide to reply. Or you can be wise and stop digging.

BTW, one more correction for you. Florida’s “stand your ground” provision had no bearing on the case and was never invoked either before or during the trial. Because Martin was pinning Zimmerman to the ground and beating him, giving Zimmerman no possibility of escape or retreat, it was entirely irrelevant.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020