Soup of the Day

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by JoeKing, Feb 27, 2019.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Now the left is criticizing ACB for adopting 2 black children from Haiti. Once again, why can't the Dems leave the children out of it. They have proven themselves to know no bounds.

tabascocat and cml750 like this.
  2. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    My soup of the day:

We are heading back to Texas for awhile and are on our road trip with two chihuahuas. We pull into the hotel tonight and start unpacking the truck. There is this very young kitten stalking us, no biggie right? They always run away.......

Welp, this little one keeps coming up to us starving for attention. The wife sent me to get some food, I did but he(she) wouldn’t eat....water or anything. I have never seen a stray this bold yet love able. I stood my ground and said “no way” for an hour.

Needless to say, I now have a kitten in the bathroom after her guilt trip of ‘we can’t let it die’. I put my foot down and said we can’t but we will find a no-kill shelter tomorrow. I am not a cat person at all, never want one.

This cat is nervous but very affectionate and wants scratched like a dog. Since our dogs were scaring it, she went to bed with them as I promised to let it out for peace afterwards. We are in some separated hotel room where the bedroom is tucked away from the living area by a door.

This little kitten formed into a ball by my belly finally relaxing and sleeping hard. I might be in trouble fellas because I care more for animals than most people :p

I do not want a cat and I will not tell her about our bonding, but...........I might have a new family member because she knows I am a sucker for helpless animals :confused:

cml750 likes this.
  3. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Be strong! If you are going to cave on this one, at least get something out of it. I'm sure you can negotiate something from the wife, special favor, or something. I'm not a cat person either but they are cute when they are little. The problem is they grow up. Good luck.

tabascocat likes this.
  4. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    I dodged a bullet, the wife was talking to the guy working at the check-in about it and some lady overheard. She asked to see it, fell in love and took it :cool:

We did give her $300 to take to the vet for health check and shots.

cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  5. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    The media has lost its mind after the president and first lady test positive for COVID-19. In 10 to 15 days this "crisis" will pass and the campaign and debate schedule can continue. The hyperventilating by the media needs to stop.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  6. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    These are crazy times we are living in. Murder hornets in the Northwest, fires in the West, Hurricanes in the Gulf and East, a global pandemic, the shutting down of the greatest economy we've ever seen, social unrest, rioting, looting, unfunding police, death on the SCOTUS and the chaos caused by trying to replace RBG... all going on during a presidential election year. The president and our first lady getting the coronavirus just tops the cake of bad things that could and did happen in 2020. We are just in October so what more can happen? The NFL season canceled? An election fraught with corruption and controversy counting ballots? More civil unrest? All these things are likely events. Hang in there everyone, 2021 is coming and has to be a better year. Let's hope.

cml750 and tabascocat like this.
  7. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Don’t forget the fact that we can’t buy a single bullet anywhere!

JoeKing likes this.
  8. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    I had offered to send a few rounds but got vetoed by my son who stores our stockpile in his new Mesa safe. I'm sorry my friend. But I can guide you to a source...

Bulk Ammo at Ammo.com: Cheap Bulk Wholesale Ammunition

tabascocat likes this.
  9. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
  10. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    @JoeKing how are things going with your health? I read your post about all the terrible things going on in 2020 and was going to reply when it dawned on my I have not asked how you are doing in a while. As bad as things are for all of us with all the craziness, it has to be harder for you at the moment. I am still praying for you!!!!

That being said I believe we are seeing the "birth pains" mentioned in Matthew 24 and Luke 21 that lead up to the tribulation. Birth pains get progressively worse. We are living in the end times so things are only going to get progressively worse up until the time that the world is ripe for the antichrist to take power likely due to an economic collapse. Any true Christians have nothing to fear.

JoeKing likes this.
  11. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    I've not concerned myself with such things since my acceptance as Christ as my Savior, many years ago. God is in control. I do not try to discern how close or far the end times are, only that that they will inevitably come and Christ will come back to us on this Earth. Matthew 24:36, “of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.”

I keep my affairs in order. My relationships with family and friends are right. My business is set to transition smoothly to other hands. My Will is undated and final wishes known by those closest to me as well as legally notarized in writing. With that said, I'm not a dying man. I'm fighting to live and have been doing so vigorously all of 2020. I'm doing well my friend. My liver is regenerating and I can physically feel the heal. I've had to incorporate yoga into my early morning activity plus I swim 5 laps every evening. The wife keeps me fed well though my diet has had to change. No red meat, reduced salt/sugar intake, and I drinking lots of water.

Thanks for asking, my friend. I'm doing well. I'll be walking my daughter down the aisle next year if this coronavirus lets up. I just paid my son's tuition for his first year at Texas Tech. My wife and I are planning a trip to Kyiv, Ukraine in the Spring so she can visit with family for the first time in over 25 years. So life goes on and it is good.

cml750 and tabascocat like this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    I am glad to hear you are doing well my friend. Good luck with your daughters wedding and your trip back to your wife's home.

The Biblical prophecy stuff is something I got from my late mother. We always discussed prophecy and current events. I wish she were alive today to talk about everything going on. I only dwell on it because of my failure to lead my son to Christ. I am not worried about it at all myself because I know where I am going. In that regard the worse thing get the sooner Christ will return. It just bugs me that my son will be left behind to face everything if the rapture were to happen today. I blame myself for that and will work until the day the moment the Lord calls me home to fix that mistake (if it takes that long).

I am sure some people like @tabascocat probably think I am nuts when I start talking about religion. I assure everyone I am perfectly sane but I am hanging on to every single promise made by the Lord. I am more sure of the gospel than I am the sun will rise in the East.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    JoeKing likes this.
  13. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    I got a silent giggle to myself when I read your reply and was grateful she did not read it. Tanya, my wife hates it when I call her Russian but she actually was born a Russian even if Ukraine is no longer part of Russia. She doesn't even like to be called Ukrainian. She's been a United States citizen since 1997 and that's how she likes to be identified. When I don't comply she starts getting mean by calling me a wetback. Likewise, when I refer to Ukraine as her homeland, I can usually expect a sharp punch to the throat. So I play nice with her, but you referring to Ukraine as her home gave me a smile. Thanks. :)

cml750 likes this.
  14. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    I am not real religious but you do you. I went to church as a kid and all and I fully believe this country needs to remain in christianity that it was built upon. I do hope there is a god that I will meet one day but I don’t live my life around that possibility. Maybe as I get older I will find more faith, who knows :)

JoeKing likes this.
  15. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    All you need is faith which is a bit different than hope. Faith is the complete confidence and trust in someone or something. Hope is a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen. The price of admission to enter the pearly gates is faith. Hope is the wrong currency.

tabascocat and cml750 like this.
  16. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Big announcement tomorrow morning, looks like it will pertain to Hillary. They have proof that she concocted the whole russian hoax to detract from the email scandal.

I will be very angry if she slides by this again......

17. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Hmm, word on the D.C. streets is that Wray will be stepping down as FBI director. We shall know soon enough.

JoeKing likes this.
  18. Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

148 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Unfortunately.....you should probably start preparing to be angry....

JoeKing and tabascocat like this.
  19. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    tabascocat likes this.
  20. tabascocat

1,450 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received