Trump Again Bashes Rights

Discussion in 'Pro-Liberal Discussions' started by Doc50, Sep 19, 2016.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Well-Known Member

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    That isn't what you are doing. Youre judging an entire group of people morally.

2. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    I'm just playing devils advocate here so allow me to morally equivocate. You're judging an entire group of people that thinks like Nelson, morally so why can't he do the same? How can you make the argument you are making without being guilty of the same thing? For the record... It is my belief that gays are born that way.

3. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

740 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    I am not going to send them to heaven or hell, and I choose not to condone immoral behavior.. There are many people that I won't associate with due to their actions.

JoeKing likes this.
  4. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Well-Known Member

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The fetus has no rights, it is a parasite within the woman.The fetus is just a clump of cells that are dependent on the woman for life who could not survive outside the woman. Just because a woman gets pregnant does not mean that she automatically loses the rights to her own body. It is a woman's body and if she chooses to not have the baby then that is the choice she has to live with.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Doc50 likes this.
  5. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    That's a politically liberal explanation of a legal term. There actual is such a thing as fetal rights in the legal profession. However, I did note that the resident abortionist liked what you had to say.

6. amberbeer

amberbeer Banned

850 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    You are a proven Religous hypocrite therefor not qualified to comment .

7. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    What are you even talking about? Fetal rights have nothing to do with abortion, which is legal up to 24 to 26 weeks.

8. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    I must be on target with my responses or you wouldn't be using SJW tactics to shut down dissent.

9. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    And yet that same fetus under 26 weeks old can spur man slaughter charges if killed through the negligence of someone else... an inconvenient truth.

10. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    What are you arguing about? I never once said that wasn't true, I was talking about a woman's right to choose.

At least attempt to stay on topic.

11. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    You are dodging every point I make because you can't explain these contradictions in law opposed to liberal ideology. Why is it legal for a woman to choose to end a fetus that anyone else would face manslaughter charges for ending?

12. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I have already answered your question, because it's her body and she can do with it what she wants. If someone kills a fetus that she wanted to keep than it was killed against her will and they can be charged for murder.

This isn't hard.

13. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    The term you used there, "murder" implies a life was ended that otherwise had the right to live. That is precisely the reason abortion should be treated as a homicide. The mother should not have the right to commit homicide any more than anyone else. The law as it stands is wrong.

Kevinicus likes this.
  14. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I am sorry, but you are wrong. A woman does not automatically lose all rights to her body once she becomes pregnant. She has a choice.

15. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    This is a your opinion and the law currently agrees with you. I find it morally objectionable and there is a higher authority to answer to.

16. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I find it morally objective to force your beliefs on other people. How would you feel if another religion was dominate in this country and they forced upon you actions that limited your rights to your body?

I reject your higher power and find it a cop out to real discussion.

FuzzyLumpkins likes this.
  17. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    It is your right to get your own soul condemned. It does not change my stance. Abortion is murder.

Kevinicus likes this.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Well-Known Member

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    That is still judging.

con·done
    kənˈdōn/
    verb
    1. accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.
      "the college cannot condone any behavior that involves illicit drugs"
      synonyms: disregard, accept, allow, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget; More
      • approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance.
        "the practice is not officially condoned by any airline"

19. JoeKing

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Jesus’ command not to judge others could be the most widely quoted of His sayings, even though it is almost invariably quoted in complete disregard of its context. Here is Jesus’ statement: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged”. Many people use this verse in an attempt to silence their critics, interpreting Jesus’ meaning as “You don’t have the right to tell me I’m wrong.” Taken in isolation, Jesus’ command “Do not judge” does indeed seem to preclude all negative assessments. However, there is much more to the passage than those three words.

The Bible’s command that we not judge others does not mean we cannot show discernment. Immediately after Jesus says, “Do not judge,” He says, “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs”. A little later in the same sermon, He says, “Watch out for false prophets... by their fruit you will recognize them”. How are we to discern who are the “dogs” and “pigs” and false prophets unless we have the ability to make a judgment call on doctrines and deeds? Jesus is giving us permission to tell right from wrong.

20. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    so - on one hand he says don't judge but you went a bit further and said "but he doesn't mean i can't judge".

am i understanding you correctly?