Trump, "not Paying Taxes Makes Me Smart"

Discussion in 'Pro-Liberal Discussions' started by amberbeer, Sep 28, 2016.

1. amberbeer

amberbeer Banned

850 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    So what does that make the rest of us?

2. Doc50

Doc50 Well-Known Member

160 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Underlings, sheep, peons, pawns -- how stupid of us to contribute to the government in order to support the services that we all enjoy.

Elitists shouldn't have to do that, since they're not part of the populace.

I'm sure that's what the founding fathers intended when they formed a republic -- that the people's representatives should appropriately be elite, and everyone else would be working-class underlings. That European system of aristocrats and peasants had worked so well, so they came to America to emulate it, along with its religious hypocrisy and entitlements.

Seriously, the statement referenced by the Don shows just how out of touch and dangerous he is.
    It will cost him a lot of votes.

JIMMYBUFFETT and amberbeer like this.
  3. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Well-Known Member

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It shows that he does not care about this country. He claims to love the military and police force yet he refuses to pay for those services through taxes. People who do not want to pay taxes are un American.

Just like what Mark Cuban said, "[t]here's nobody who's been as blessed as me and my family, so far, knock on wood, is healthy, and at some point you have to realizes you have to give back. And you have to realize that this is a country that's been great to us. And you can't just take, take, take, take, take, take."

Doc50 likes this.
  4. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    2,680 Likes Received
    Everyone wants to pay as little taxes as possible. If he is allowed to take deductions in accordance to the law then it is smart for him to do so.

Nelson and Kevinicus like this.
  5. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Logic is not welcome to the left. It's over their heads. Of course, he and everyone else is going to try to pay as little taxes as possible. If he can find a way to pay none, then it is smart (on his accountant's part more so than his).

But the statists have developed their nonsensical tax code that allows this to happen and gives advantages to large corporations and makes it more difficult for smaller businesses. Just like their regulations.

Nelson, JoeyBoy718 and JoeKing like this.
  6. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

740 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    If you want to pay more taxes, you have that option. I hate the IRS and the fact that government overtaxes us on every level. Trump used the laws available to not pay taxes. Warren Buffet has bragged about paying less taxes than his secretary, but I am sure that is not a problem since he is a liberal. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Trump is smart to not give one penny more than he has to. The government is going to waste the money anyway.

Kevinicus likes this.
  7. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

740 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    You can more taxes since you feel that way. The option to pay extra is there, so pay it .

JoeKing and Kevinicus like this.
  8. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Yep, if any of these liberals criticizing Trump on this have ever taken a deduction on their taxes, then they are hypocrites.

If not, then I would be impressed. Not from an intelligence standpoint, but at least their actions would be consistent with the views they spout.

Nelson and JoeKing like this.
  9. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's about everyone paying their fair share. It is not a hard concept to grasp.

FuzzyLumpkins likes this.
  10. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Who determines what is fair?

If they're paying one penny more than you, then you better start looking in the mirror.

JoeKing likes this.
  11. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's based off of income, do I have to spoon feed you everything?

12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Well-Known Member

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Or more specifically how the rich weasel out of paying their fair share using overseas tax shelters, bogus trade deals, and accounting tricks that are unavailable to the layman.

Heelsboy likes this.
  13. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I know what tax is based on. That wasn't my question.

JoeKing likes this.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Given our system of government the answer should be obvious. You need me to hold your hand through how the legislative branch works?

15. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Who determines? That would be the government like it has always been in human history. I don't understand what you are trying to get across.

16. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Well, according to the rules the government has set up, apparently they are paying their fair share...

JoeKing likes this.
  17. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Oh, you mean the corrupt government that has been bought off by lobbyists and big business. Gotcha. The tax code is definitely not corrupt either.

18. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    You're the one that wants them deciding what is fair, not me.

JoeKing likes this.
  19. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    This is stupid. We didn't create the political reality but we have to live with what it is.

20. Heelsboy

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Well, when citizens united gets repealed and millennials get more political power things will improve.

FuzzyLumpkins likes this.