Trump, "not Paying Taxes Makes Me Smart"

Discussion in 'Pro-Liberal Discussions' started by amberbeer, Sep 28, 2016.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins Well-Known Member

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    iceberg with the moral equivalency. That some of Obama's aides owe taxes that somehow excuses his candidate from not paying taxes and hiding his returns.

Heelsboy likes this.
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    They should pay their taxes. Can we move on and talk about the guy actually running for office?

Keane1 likes this.
  3. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Well-Known Member

271 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Flat tax is the worst answer to taxes.

Lets say the rate is 20%.

If one family had 10 apples, at tax time they would have 8 apples to live on. If another family had 1,000,000 apples they would have 800,000 apples to live on. How is that fair?

4. amberbeer

amberbeer Banned

850 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    He can't because he has no argument and can't handle being called an idiot by the person he is voting for.

5. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    sure. but if your stance is that people in office must be paying their taxes, then it should be "people in office" - not trump, not hillary, not 41 obama appointees...but all people.

if you want to push the tax issue then, to me, it should be that if you run for office your last 4 years (or other number) of taxes should be released as part of the filing to be able to run. to have these things become political sideshow bobs is annoying and counter productive.

*everyone* running for public office (and everyone else i suppose) should be paying their taxes.

6. amberbeer

amberbeer Banned

850 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    It's obviously not fair.

7. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    most people using the word "idiot" in this instance would have the comprehension to know i've already said i'm voting for neither one.

that seems to jack up your game so you go making stuff up.

8. amberbeer

amberbeer Banned

850 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Uh huh, sure you're not. If you weren't, you wouldn't be supporting Trump all the time.

9. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Should be? This is ignorant. It's up to the one doing the hiring to say what should or should not be. If you want to complain take it up with Obama. I'm sure he will care.

We are talking about the presidential election and Obama and Romney both released their tax returns. So has everyone for the past 40 years. Yours is a false equivalence.

10. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    so now i'm lying to you? what good does it do for you to talk to anyone else at all if the only thing you are going to do is make up their side for them?

and i attack hillary all the time. you choose to see that as supporting trump.

as usual, you are wrong.

11. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    of course it is. it's anything you need it to be in order to do your whole "narcissist" thing.

so if it is up to whoever is doing the hiring to demand to see taxes, then you have zero business asking for trumps, right? i'm using YOUR logic here.

JoeKing likes this.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Well-Known Member

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    All included, I will pay 60% of my income towards
    It's the most fair thing in the world. If you have 10 apples and you expect to feed a family on 10 apples, then you have much bigger problems then trying to figure out what is fair in the tax code. You need to be working towards more apples, regardless of what you are paying on taxes. Somewhere along the line, somebody put in the work to get to 1,000,000 apples. This is the land of opportunity, it is not the land of free ride. If you have an opportunity to succeed, then it is on you to do everything you can to try and succeed. It is not on me to pay for you to see success. Each dollar gets taxed regardless of how many or how few. You say this is the worst but with a flat tax, you can't cheat. Right now, this thread is arguing over Trump making Billions and paying nothing. Well, with a flat tax, that wouldn't happen. You can't have it both ways. You either make it fair for all or you live with people taking advantage of the system.

Kevinicus and JoeKing like this.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: You don't even argue the point and attack me as a narcissist without basis as if any of what I said was about me. I'm trying to talk about objective reality. You should try it.

You should speak for yourself and quit fumbling around. We are talking about an election and the expectations of candidates relating to precedent. You are talking about an elected official's hiring practices. I am saying that they are not the same. They aren't. I get that you want to distract from the election after your boy's poor showing but this is sad.

14. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Considering that the election is a zero sum game then yes it is exactly that.

15. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    How do you end up paying over half your income to taxes?

16. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    you should speak for yourself fuzzbucket, cause now you're speaking for me.

so soon after telling me to stop it.

how ... you.

to use your own words - now you're just "wishcasting".

17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Well-Known Member

1,262 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    You elect a very Liberal Administration.

Nelson, Kevinicus and JoeKing like this.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Notice how I point out what I was saying was different? Notice how you don't do that?

I still see youre mad though. Must not be fun being mad all the time.

19. FuzzyLumpkins

3,038 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Way to avoid the question.

Keane1 likes this.
  20. iceberg

3,910 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    not mad at all. that's just you "wishcasting" again and pretending. you do that very well, i might add.

your hypocrisy is pretty incredible. i'll just leave it at that.