Upcoming Election

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tabascocat, Jun 24, 2020.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    With so little time between now and the election, it makes little sense for the DOJ to go down that road because if Biden wins I guarantee whatever progress that pursuit makes would be halted in its tracks. The only way any of the "attempted coup" co-conspirators get indicted is if Trump gets 4 more years in the White House. The Durham investigation took too much time investigating this matter to follow through with indictments during Trump's first term.

2. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,483 Messages
    1,516 Likes Received
    The sad part is if Biden get elected the entire Russian hoax will be swept under the rug. The irony is that they were sad bad and so crooked that it took too long to investigate everything they did. Trump should have got rid of Sessions right after he reused himself and appointed Barr. The good news is I see no way Trump loses unless they "harvest" several million ballots across the swing states.

JoeKing likes this.
  3. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    One of Trump's biggest errors was placing too much faith in Sessions as AG at the beginning of his first term. He had better options, of which one of them was Barr, another was Ted Cruz. Cruz has a new book where he talks about the transition of power from Obama to Trump. Trump offered Cruz several positions in his administration but Cruz said the only position within the administration he had an interest in was AG. He was even offered to be the first pick on Trump's SCOTUS list to which Ted Cruz replied a judge should be one that stays away from political debate, which he wants no part of. In fact, he wants to lead the discussion on political debate which is why his place now is being a member of the Senate.

As for the election, Trump should win by a landslide. The reason Biden isn't campaigning as hard as Trump is is because the election is being fixed by the Dems ballot harvesters. Can they insert enough extra votes into the election? I don't know. But there should be no doubt a Biden win will only be the result of widespread election fraud. The polls are an indication, IMO, that the fix is most certainly in for a Biden win. There's no way SleepyJoe is that far ahead in Wisconsin and Michigan. No way its that close in Florida and Texas. Be ready for a no holds barred illegal hijacking of this election by the Dems. A constitutional crisis that should be fought in the courts by Trump and the GOP. These investigations need to be started now in Minnesota.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    cml750 likes this.
  4. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I don't know which is the bigger embarrassment, Biden or Wallace.

cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  5. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Chris...Trump has to keep interrupting Biden, because you won't push back on him like you are with Trump.

JoeKing likes this.
  6. Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

150 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Trump needs to shut up more.

The facts are on his side, but he is coming across as a giant jackass.

7. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Biden was a terrible moderator of this Trump/Wallace debate.

JeremyParnell and JoeKing like this.
  8. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I don’t think the debate went all that well, too much yelling and screaming. Good news is no votes we’re changing because of this. Trump didn’t give Biden enough rope to hang himself. Joe almost blew a gasket a few times but Trump would butt in and ruin it.

Kevinicus and JoeKing like this.
  9. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Or Wallace would. He saved Joe quite a few times.

JoeKing and tabascocat like this.
  10. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    The debate went exactly as I expected. My observation of Wallace's Fox News Sunday is it's a pro-liberal fake news show, so that informs me that Wallace would be a problematic moderator for President Donald Trump. Indeed, that proved to be the case as Trump not only had to debate Biden, he had to debate Wallace as well... and won on both counts. Wallace allowed Biden to not answer a single question asked of him. This debate, thanks to Chris Wallace did the voters a disservice. He allowed the low bar set for Biden to be cleared with ease. Never again should Wallace be allowed to moderate a debate.

As for the actual debate, you know who won when you've reduced your opponent's only rebuttal to "shut up" (Biden's actual words) That's the kind of rebuttal we amateurs do on these internet forums. It's not the kind of thing expected from a person that wants to be taken seriously as a candidate for the highest office in the land. Biden even had to disown what's on his own website about his economic plan because Trump hit him so hard with it. Biden's far-left supporters can't be happy with him after that debate when he was forced to deny he represents any of their ideology.

11. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
  12. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

522 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    What a pointless debate. This was the debate in a nutshell:

Wallace: Do you denounce A?
    Trump: Why don’t you ask Joe if he denounces B?

Wallace: Why did you do X?
    Trump: Why don’t you ask Joe why he did Y?

The people who already had their minds made up just had everything reinforced.

Not so sure about the people who were undecided. Trump really didn’t carry himself well. And Biden really didn’t self implode like many were expecting. Overall, it was probably small win for Biden for the undecided voters.

And I can just imagine what the news feed will be for the next week. Trump not denouncing white supremacy will probably be the top story. Biden not denouncing violent riots will probably get swept under the rug.

The debate was a joke. They don’t even want genuine discourse. They want gotcha questions so they can sell newspapers and ads. It’s no wonder why the country is on the verge of civil war.

JeremyParnell likes this.
  13. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    I wonder who is going to tell "Antifa is an idea" Joe, that white supremacy is an idea (unlike Antifa which is people acting on an idea).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  14. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Someone should tell Joe Biden that if Antifa is just an idea it no longer needs to be bailed out of jail as his VP has been doing.

15. JoeyBoy718

522 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    That part at the end when they asked the candidates if they'd accept the results of the election kinda scared me. Not because Trump didn't give a firm yes. But because Trump had legitimate reasons not to give a firm yes. And just because Biden gave a firm yes, the track record of the Democrats doesn't make that very believable. So I can't foresee many scenarios where either candidate will accept the results of the election. I don't think that's gonna lead to a pretty outcome.

Kevinicus and JoeKing like this.
  16. Kevinicus

728 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Yeah. And it was clear, that Biden's firm "yes" was talking about after all the court battles and other shenanigans they intend to wage is over.

Robbie and JoeyBoy718 like this.
  17. JoeyBoy718

522 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Also, Biden was a little too confident with his yes. It's like he knows he's gonna win. But not like how Hillary was arrogant and expected to win, but like he knows without a doubt that he's gonna win. And Trump's defensiveness made it seem like he knows he's gonna get screwed. He was a lot more genuine in his answer 4 years ago to the same question. Even how Chris Wallace kept insisting, "But the ballots have already been sent out. It's too late. So what are you gonna do about it?" It's like they're setting the stage for the inevitable. I don't think it'll be pretty. Especially if Trump is able to get his judge sworn in and have the Supreme Court swing the election his way. That'll make it even worse, because the Left will reject the Trump victory because they'll view the Court as illegitimate, and the Right will reject the Biden victory because they'll view the election as illegitimate. I can't think of any scenario where this ends nicely.

Robbie likes this.
  18. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Kind of right, kind of wrong. Trump and the First Lady now have tested positive for COVID-19, not Biden. Recover swiftly, Mr. President.

tabascocat likes this.
  19. JoeKing

4,901 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    I predict Trump will be declared the winner on election night. Landslide!

cml750, JeremyParnell and Robbie like this.
  20. JeremyParnell

JeremyParnell Member

12 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I think its going to be between a big win and a landslide. Then the intellectual elites in the Democratic Party will hold think tank events, stroke their beards and say "Well, it appears locking everyone in their homes and rioting wasn't the best strategy after all".

cml750 and JoeKing like this.