Are there any good un-biased and agenda-less news sites out there?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussions' started by Reality, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

378 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    This is a serious question. I do not lean politically to the left or right, and I am tired of the 24/7 bashing of both sides by the other side. So, I am looking to find new sites for the latest news, but so far I am finding that most sites tend to have a political or agenda slant now, or are pushing an activism agenda of some kind.

Even most tech news sites sites have gotten so bad I rarely visit them any more, but for now, I would settle for a good general news site or two.

Please don't make suggestions like CNN, Fox News, ABC, NBC, CBS, Drudge Report, etc. as all of those have an obvious political slant.

Any good suggestions?

JoeyBoy718, Robbie and JoeKing like this.
  2. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,060 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    I'm down to reading journalists.

Sharyl Atkisson is a good one to me.

JoeKing likes this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    I gave up on finding an unbiased news source several years ago. Rather than trusting one news source, I've had to resort to doing the opposite. I consider myself a relatively smart guy and can sift through the information from several sources to garner what I believe is really going on in the world. When I get out of bed each morning I watch Morning Joe for a half hour and then switch over to CNN and let them weigh in and then I'll go to Fox News to see their perspective. I read the Wall Street Journal and Huffington Post. I check out the Drudge Report and New York Times. I actually find some of the most reliable reporting coming from the Pew Research center. So I guess my view on what is going on is a patchwork from all these and a little common sense to sort it all out.

Oh and one more thing... there are sources I consider off base on the right and left, for example... Salon & Infowars. I disregard anything coming from these sources.

4. Friedrich Nietzsche

Friedrich Nietzsche Well-Known Member

267 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Reuters, AFP, and Christian Science Monitor have very little editorial and a lot of straight reporting.

JoeyBoy718 and Reality like this.
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

451 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    CowboysZone is pretty unbiased, unless you're an Eagles fan.

JoeKing likes this.
  6. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Well-Known Member

362 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I follow news.google.com feed rather than visiting sites directly. This allows me to view actual news (breaking events) rather than mostly lying *** biased opinion based articles. Just let me know what happen today, not your ****ty bull**** spin.

For the most part, I've always read that The Economist, BBC, PBS, NPR, and the Wall Street Journal are mostly unbiased. (though I never visit any of their sites directly) At least nothing like the garbage spewed by the big American corporate broadcast / publications.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  7. JoeKing

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Agreed... BBC is pretty unbiased in their reporting.

8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

451 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    Infowars and the barbershop.

JoeKing likes this.
  9. JoeKing

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    ...and then there is angrywhitedude.com. Or is that site defunct now? :D

JoeyBoy718 likes this.