Coronapocalypse

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by cml750, Mar 20, 2020.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,379 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    I know this has been bad in the rest of the world but the best thing Trump did was cut off travel from China early then Europe a little later which has GREATLY reduced the impact in this country. So far there are around 15,000 cases in the US with a population close to 330 million. I know the media has tried to make this much worse than it is from the beginning to help score politcal points against Trump. Trump and the US government are swinging into action big time now. So my question is, is this as bad as they say or is this a media driven disaster fueled by an election year and Trump reacting to the media? From what I have seen the Trump administration has handled this very well but would they have done this much without the media driving it to make it worse than it is?

Robbie likes this.
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    It can get bad, because how easy it is too spread and many might not even know they have it (little to no symptoms) But it will primarily be pretty bad for older people or those with other health issues.

Its multiplying on a pretty good clip and can snowball if we can't get control of it with all the isolation.

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a survivalist that has gone to great lengths to be independent of the rest of society should something like this pandemic happen. I'm an observer of how society responds to the world around them. I see how those in self-quarantine are so dependent on their electronic devices. The lesson of the past two weeks that I have learned is society will quickly fall if something like a solar flare sends EMP waves through the earth's atmosphere, destroying every unprotected semiconducting circuit on the planet. The effects would be devastating.
    • The power grid would go down across the entire country
    • There would be no more heat and electricity
    • ATMs, online banking, and credit/debit cards would be completely shut down
    • The supply chain would stop and there would no longer be anything you could buy from stores. Bartering with other people would serve as the new way to exchange goods and services
    • Sanitation standards would drop significantly
    • There would no longer be internet, cell service, text messaging, emailing, or other forms of online communication
    • The vast majority of vehicles would no longer work
    Technology will fail us someday. The earth has always been periodically bombarded by sun flares capable of these electromagnetic pulses. The last sun flare to hit the earth that was of that magnitude, occurred in the 1800s before mankind became so dependent on transistors. But it will happen again.

So while your life may be affected by this China bug, COVID-19 and you think to yourself how much this sucks, be appreciative of the technology we have. It makes a huge difference in our lives. Things could be much worse.

Robbie and cml750 like this.
  4. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

1,325 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    My wife got it from working the front lines and I’m pretty sure that I have it as well, got tested today. Honestly, I’d rather have covid than the flu or strept at this point.

5. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    Wow, sorry to hear that. May you and your wife get well soon. And tell your wife thank you for her work on the front line. Please keep us posted.

tabascocat likes this.
  6. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    A doctor on foxnews said he takes zinc supplements because it's an anti-viral. Take care of yourself.

I've also read large amounts of vitamin c is anti-viral as well.

tabascocat likes this.
  7. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    This sounds like a total s-show. Pretty despicable as well.

Robbie likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,379 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear that. I will add you and your wife to my prayer list. Are you in Cali or Texas now?

tabascocat likes this.
  9. tabascocat

1,325 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    Cali, LA.

10. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
  11. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    Sen. Rand Paul says he has tested positive for the coronavirus.

12. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
    Not Weinstein's year

JoeKing likes this.
  13. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
  14. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    Everyone stay safe and be patient as we wait out this china bug. Don't do anything stupid and don't believe any of the Dem's political games during this crisis.

15. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    Seeing the Dems treat this human tragedy crisis as just another way to advance their ideology really ticks me off. I was so proud to find out Ted Cruz feels the same way. Political games can come later, for right now we need to come together to and pass the bipartisan the Senate is already putting together.

Robbie likes this.
  16. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
  17. tabascocat

1,325 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    The Dems are doing everything they can to make sure the economy crashes. If it does, that will be their smear campaign on Trump blaming him for everything. But first, I expect to see more committees in Congress to investigate his handling of the virus while putting all our lives in jeopardy from negligence to working with China :rolleyes:

JoeKing and Robbie like this.
  18. JoeKing

4,585 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received

Robbie likes this.
  19. speedkilz88

1,852 Messages
    2,271 Likes Received
  20. speedkilz88