Diddy Want To Buy The Panthers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussions' started by JWooten15, Dec 18, 2017.

1. JWooten15

JWooten15 Active Member

33 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Article: High-profile entertainer wants to buy the Carolina Panthers

I was going to post this at the Zone, but felt it would turn political.

So Diddy wants to buy the Panthers. The reason?

Because "there are no majority African American NFL owners" and so that he can " address the Colin Kaepernick situation and put him in the running for next year’s starting quarterback".

I will save my personal opinion on Kaepernick, but to me, it is obvious Diddy is mentioning Kaep's name just to appeal to a certain group.

Also, Kaep has no business competing for the starting QB role. He's too busy posing for GQ and accepting... awards... to think about football.

2. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

646 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Don't worry, he doesn't have that kind of money. Well, to be a majority owner anyways.

JWooten15 likes this.
  3. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,060 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    this would push football to be nothing more than a political sideshow and i'd be out.

JWooten15 likes this.
  4. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    What the hell are you doing posting this under "General Politics". This clearly belongs in the "Off-Top Discussion" Forum. :rolleyes:

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

303 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    He doesn't have the money to be a majority owner.

And why the hell would any of the 'new' owners be bringing in Kaep to compete with Cam? Kaep can't beat Cam out for the starting job so that's a waste of time, unless they're just wanting him around as a back up/political piece.

6. iceberg

3,060 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    thats just it - it would be political move and i'd be done with the league for awhile after that.

3rd strike on baseball and i never went back. go full politics w/football and i'll likely do the same.

Dean and JWooten15 like this.
  7. JWooten15

JWooten15 Active Member

33 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, because this forum is such a busy place ...

If I posted it anywhere but here, it would take a week for anybody to even see it.

But if you don't like it here, just skim over it and ignore it

8. JWooten15

JWooten15 Active Member

33 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    And now Kaepernick wants to be part of the ownership group with Diddy and Stephen Curry.

Good God. I will never watch another NFL game if that happened

9. JoeKing

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Okay, I'll be your Huckleberry. ;)

JWooten15 likes this.
  10. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez Well-Known Member

891 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    The owners need to approve by a 2/3 majority (not sure on %) but they would never allow Combs into that club. He could get the capital if he wanted to. He's worth almost a billion, and easily has the credit to get the necessary funds to remain a majority owner. He's wasting his time though. They can barely tolerate JJ.

11. JoeKing

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    So you don't know how to figure out what 2/3 of 32 is? :cool: ...and anything you said after that is suppose to be taken as creditable?

Carolina Panthers on the Forbes NFL Team Valuations List

Combs isn't coming up with the money to purchase the Panthers. Based on Forbes’ financial projections, that price tag would seemingly put an outright purchase beyond Combs’ reach. Earlier this year, Forbes pegged Combs’ net worth at $820 million.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  12. iceberg

3,060 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    maybe facebook should buy them and they can be the carolina happy minorities and put the thumbs up logo on the helmet.

13. Miguel Sanchez

891 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I meant I thought it was 2/3 or 66.6%(should I round up? ;)) but wasn't sure of the % (2/3 as the threshold). Didn't know if was 3/4's or 75% etc. If he's worth 820M, you don't think he could come up with another 4-500M via credit? Would leave him as the majority owner.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  14. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

646 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    He would have to be worth a lot more, borrowing the money isn't allowed. Then he would need hundreds of millions of liquid assets on top of that. Basically, he would need almost 2 billion alone to be considered.

Diddy is wealthy but not even close to buying any pro sports team.

Miguel Sanchez likes this.
  15. Miguel Sanchez

891 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Well when you put it like that, I'm wrong. :) Definitely thought he could through credit but I guess not.

tabascocat likes this.
  16. JoeKing

2,878 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    The last sale I know of was approved unanimously by the other 31 owners so that may be the standard. As for using credit to buy the team, I don't think that will be acceptable. There will be a cash purchase of the Panthers, it just might take a little more time to find a buyer. The NFL makes potential owners meet quite a few requirements than any of the other major sports. For example, any group looking to buy an NFL team must be led by a single individual who owns at least 30 percent of the team.

Miguel Sanchez likes this.
  17. Miguel Sanchez

891 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I hear ya, the guys who own the color blue rich. I was off and incorrect to insinuate otherwise tbh. Appreciate the info.

JoeKing likes this.