Target Boycott

Discussion in 'Pro-Conservative Discussions' started by cml750, Nov 24, 2016.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    Sign the Boycott Target Pledge!

If anyone is not already participating in this boycott, I highly encourage you to do so. We have to take a stand against this batcrap crazy liberal agenda. We have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I have NEVER participated in any kind of boycott in my life but I am fed up with this bathroom agenda so my families dollars will go elsewhere.

Robbie likes this.
  2. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

3,347 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    IMO, boycotts are not a conservative principle. Boycotts are what liberals do. If I were going to withhold my trade on principle from a place of business, or what have you, I would do so without the least regard to what the policymakers have to say about it. I just don’t care what they think. I could be wrong, but I believe most people think this way. The free market will determine if Target loses business over their "politically correct" driven decisions.

I have stopped shopping at Target and I do support efforts to inform the public of their policy decisions so the public can make up their own minds if they want to continue to support that business but calling it a boycott is just legitimizing a liberal tactic that I can not stand.

JoeyBoy718 and cml750 like this.
  3. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,411 Messages
    1,993 Likes Received
    i boycott target cause they suck.

JoeyBoy718, cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    Its six of one half a dozen of the other. The point is that we should not shop there since they have a totally looney bathroom policy in place. We have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

303 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I haven't shopped in a Target in probably 15 years. I didn't even know people ever really went there anyway.

I have no idea what policy it is that people are boycotting here (I didn't look it up since I don't use Target anyway) but since I don't go to Target anyway there is nothing for me to boycott.

6. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    They embraced a transgender bathroom and dressing room policy. I am tired of that type of BS being shoved down our throats(no pun intended).

7. zrinkill

zrinkill Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Basically that a big hairy man dressed as a woman can go in the bathroom that little girls are in.

Robbie likes this.
  8. MSW

MSW Moderator Staff Member

254 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I don't think boycotts for the most part.

9. Friedrich Nietzsche

Friedrich Nietzsche Well-Known Member

267 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Target is what a whole slew of women I know use in lieu of Walmart that they feel is sleazy and cheap. I don't see this boycott doing much of anything.

10. iceberg

3,411 Messages
    1,993 Likes Received
    i don't either. if someone makes me mad to the point where i don't want to use their product or services, i just don't. but boycotting and active marches and so forth? i don't get it. target has every right to cater to whatever whim they may want to. i have every right not to care.

MSW and Y Bother like this.
  11. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

499 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    Eh, it's their bathrooms, they can use whatever policy they want. We don't use their bathrooms, so it's not an issue for us.

Besides, my wife cares zero about politics and there's no way she'd go to Wal-Mart over Target.

Nova likes this.
  12. iceberg

3,411 Messages
    1,993 Likes Received
    Amazon is rumored to buy target.

13. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

303 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Just saw these responses. I had no idea.

14. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    The boycott has hurt Target even if they will not admit it is the cause. If Amazon buys target, I hope they restore sanity in the bathroom/dressing room policy.

Robbie likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    How Target's Bathroom Policy Killed TGT Stock - Cabot Wealth Network

The boycott has been successful. The management of Target was incredibly stupid to do something like this. The boycott and subsequent stock drop was important because it signaled to all other retail chains that they better not make a stupid policy like this. A line had to be drawn in the sand. Once Target did this they were really kind of stuck. If they backed out the loony left would go nuts and if they kept it up the boycott would remain. They are between a rock and a hard place all due to a really stupid decision. This boycott will ensure no other chains bow to the bat crap crazy leftist agenda.

Transgender men and women have been using the bathroom of their choice forever with no issues. They are not and have never been a problem in regards to restrooms (that is not to say I agree with their "choice" and actually feel very sorry for such confused people). Making a policy like this opens the doors for perverts to take advantage of it. The whole bathroom/dressing room agenda is just another way for the LBGTQ agenda to raise funds. Now that they have same sex marriage nobody was contributing to their cause so they had to invent a new one. This new LBGTQ cause is dangerous because it literally opens the door for perverts.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Robbie likes this.
  16. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

3,347 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    782 Likes Received
  18. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    There have been other issues that happened in various Targets around the country since they adopted their loony policy. Common sense was thrown out the window when they adopted this policy.

I will not shop at Target and I do not let my family shop there either with the money I earn. I found out my daughter went to theTarget in College Station (my little Aggie :D) and I pitched a fit about it and let her know she can do what she wants once she graduates and makes her own living but my money will not be spent at Target. That is probably the first and only time I have ever had to fuss at my daughter who has literally been as close to the perfect child as humanly possible for the past 21+ years.

JoeKing likes this.