Tweet: Who Believes In RussiaGate? [Article]

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by speedkilz88, Mar 11, 2018.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

251 Messages
    272 Likes Received
  2. Alex_P_Keaton

Alex_P_Keaton Well-Known Member

719 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    In my experience, special counsels do very little in these cases and major politicians walk away unscathed. Nothing happened to Hillary Clinton or her husband.

People love pointing to Watergate, but that was broken by two journalists.

iceberg, cml750 and JoeKing like this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Well-Known Member

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    Funny how you point out that Watergate was broken by investigative reporters, not a special counsel. Sharyl Attkisson is an investigative reporter and a damn good one at that.

cml750 likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

845 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    Excellent point. True journalism is dead save for a few brave souls like Sharyl Attkisson and Sara Carter who will never get the credit they deserve from the mainstream of their profession. Mainstream journalism has become a way to push a narrative rather than a way to shed light on the truth.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    iceberg and JoeKing like this.
  5. iceberg

iceberg Well-Known Member

3,324 Messages
    1,900 Likes Received
    Sharyl is my Journalism Hero these days. she's old school and takes no sides, just wants the truth and facts.

6. tabascocat

tabascocat Well-Known Member

769 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    Even when this investigation ends and nothing is found, Trump is convicted in the court of public opinion:(

I have a bad feeling the Dems come out in droves this Fall to regain the House. I have been having nightmares of Pelosi as Speaker of the House.......

Trump may as well take a remaining two year vacation if that happens as they will not pass anything :mad:

These mid-terms are essential to the progress being made!

cml750, Hognutz and Robbie like this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

845 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    Drag your family and friends to the polls this fall (that is unless any of them lean to the left;)). We have to hold the House and I think we will. Our base will be fired up in November too!!!

Robbie and JoeKing like this.
  8. JoeKing

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    I don't see complacency setting in with the Trump' base and I have to believe he has won over many more voters to his side since being elected. I'm honestly not concerned about the mid-term elections. 2020 is what scares me.

9. Miguel Sanchez

Miguel Sanchez Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    "I Love Wikileaks!" "Keep them coming"
    Assange/Guccifer 2.0 (Rus state hackers)

Manafort (daily briefings sent back to the Kremlin while mixing in some money laundering) but nothing to see here. Indicted
    Flynn (Meeting with Russians to set up quid pro quo) Indicted
    Kushner financial ties to state sponsored Russian banks/businesses; he's in the hot seat right now after having his security clearance reduced after concern of questionable financial ties to Russia.
    Don Jr: "The majority of our assets come from Russia" just cherry on top but nothing illegal.

FBI (full of Republicans in leadership/ranks) are now universally despised by the Right for the investigation and assumed to be colluding with (Democrats...?). Hillary would be POTUS if not for Comey re-opening her investigation after "new findings" that weren't so new only 11 days before the election even with the Russian propaganda; more undermining our democracy but Putin is open for his hate of Hillary, etc. Trump wouldn't be pres wo the FBI's assist but NOW...:eek:

Muehler and Comey are Republicans guys...smh.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. JoeKing

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    LOL, someone has their CNN talking points down pat. Good for you, Mikey.

Robbie likes this.
  11. Miguel Sanchez

961 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Oh, this is where you get to conveniently claim fake news and put your head back in the sand?

12. JoeKing

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    The House Intel Committee has closed their investigation and concluded no collusion by Trump. The pressure is on Muehler now to **** or get off the pot.

Robbie likes this.
  13. JoeKing

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    LOL, hilarious commentary from the liberal peanut gallery. The head in the sand part is priceless. :p

14. Miguel Sanchez

961 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Oh, the House GOP Political Intel Committee? The same committee where Nunes was openly filtering info back to the WH at every chance? Playing political games the whole while. So his team found nothing while constantly interfering...hmmm. Sounds thorough :) If he has nothing to hide, why ALL the resistance...;) That was the line I heard from pubs all the time in these scenarios but not this round I guess.

Muehler has enough to show it was there (enough of his team was involved to stain his legacy either way) even if Trump comes away unscathed "playing" Magoo; look at his cabinet/staff members fleeing at first chance, etc.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  15. JoeKing

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    Yup, more CNN talking points. Good on you for getting them all in. :p Meanwhile Muelher is off the beaten path on collusion and now moved on to obstruction but he's got nothing. ;)

16. Miguel Sanchez

961 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Yeah, there's just too many ads on Breitbart and the Daily Stormer for my liking. To each their own...

JoeKing likes this.
  17. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

463 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Not so sure about that.

The House Intel Committee's investigation became a partisan s-slinging fest; it was a joke. Which was further reiterated by the fact that House Republicans on the committee concluded the investigation without talking to the Democrats and went on to claim that Russia didn't try to help Donald Trump; which is absurd because they so clearly did and literally everyone except house republicans will acknowledge that.

Even still, Fox News faithful were getting a lot of reprieve and rally cries each time Nunes and Co would raise half-truths and falsehoods to derail and distract.

But now, that committee is effectively done. So what position of pressure do they have exactly?

In an Administration where no news story seems to last longer than a week, and in a week where arguably more important things happened (ex: Tillerson out, Saccone losing), I just kind of see this getting buried.

The Senate Intel Committee is still doing its job (and apparently pretty well and in a bipartisan manner) and so is Mueller.

No telling where the investigation will go but at least it's left to the adults now.

Miguel Sanchez likes this.
  18. JoeKing

3,184 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    That's your interpretation of events, so don't get that confused with the reality of the situation. Obama use to always rub it in the Republicans face that elections have consequences. That works both ways and so when the controlling party says their House Intel Committee is done with their investigation, then it's over. Adam Schiff and the Democrats can cry about it all they want but... elections have conseuences. The longer the Mueller special counsel investigation drags on, the more partisan it looks. Of course I realize the scumbag Democrats don't care about such things and just want to impede the Trump presidency any way they can. IMO, it's time the entire Democrat leadership be executed for sedition and anyone that doesn't like that idea can join them. This country is primed for another civil war and I can't wait for the first shot.

Robbie likes this.
  19. Nova

Nova Well-Known Member

463 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    This is probably the dumbest post anyone has posted so far.

Miguel Sanchez, DanteEXT and zrinkill like this.
  20. Robbie

Robbie Well-Known Member

75 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Not even close.

Just a week ago somebody posted that the NRA “loves when mass shootings happen.”

JoeKing and Nova like this.